Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead visit

  • Keith Duncan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2000
      I had a quiet laugh to myself when you said it was sunny and calm.
      I took my wife up to the Bloo Toon 3 yrs ago - it was February and we
      couldn't have chosen a worse day! - 40 foot high waves coming crashing
      in over the breakwater. I was alright - being accustomed to the weather
      there - you get used to after 15 years or so! - but my wife had never
      experienced anything like it, turning against the wind to catch her
      breath.

      btw - you are no relation of the Leslies who own the fruiterers shop in
      PHD?
      Keith Duncan, UK

      William Leslie wrote:

      > Hello Arthur;
      > I also visited Peterhead for the first time in 1995, and have been
      > back twice since. I long to go there again, and just roam around the
      > town and the countryside. My father and many generations of
      > grandparents came from there, and I am still researching my ggg
      > grandfather, John Leslie who was from Longside.
      > My father lived at 3 Roanheads, just a few yards from the sea, and I
      > long to see the thirty foot wave breaking over the wall at the end of
      > that street. Each time I went there, it was sunny, and the sea was as
      > calm as a sheet of ice.
      > Regards
      > William Leslie, Canada
    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2000
        Hello Keith;
        I long to see those 40 foot waves.  No, I have no Leslie relatives in Peterhead at the moment, but Huchisons, Smiths, Woolners and Davidsons.
        Regards
        William Leslie