Methodist Church.

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2000
      Thank you all for the information on Peterhead Methodist Church-and the
      photograph. I recognise the church, but didn't know which one it is.
      Today I telephoned the church and spoke to the Minister,-Rev.
      Christopher Mabb. He was most helpful, and referred me to the County
      Archives in Aberdeen. Then e-mailed a 2nd message-" your question
      prompted me to examine some bags of old books lying in the manse;these
      turned out to be various minute books of Peterhead Methodist Church from
      the 1830s to the 1950s or thereabouts. I will be taking these to the
      County Archivist next time I go to Aberdeen"
      I don't have any further info on the Diverall ancestor yet, but
      Genealogy is MOST exciting and interesting.I never cease to be thrilled
      by people's readiness to help. Betty.