Reid/Imlah

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 8:53 PM
      Hi Diana,

      Welcome to the list. Have forward your message to the newsgroup in the
      hope that others might find a connection or can help.

      Regards, Wade.

      Hello from New Zealand. I have recently started researching my mother's
      side of the tree. She stems from John and Jessie (nee IMLAH) REID. In
      the 1851 Newhills census he is listed as a 13 year old mill-worker, but
      must have studied hard because he later went to Edinburgh University to
      study the classics. He was Headmaster at Peterhead Academy, not sure of
      the dates but prior to 1881 when he emigrated to New Zealand because he
      had tuberculosis.

      The 1881 census has John and Jessie REID living at 29 Maiden St with
      their family.

      Is Maiden St. on a hill? A great Aunt had a memory of minding a small
      brother in a pram but on purpose gave the pram a push and baby and pram
      went crashing down the hill!!

      Also interested in the IMLAH side but they came from Cuminestown.

      Regards Diana