Re: [Peterhead] Birnie, Anderson

  • Marjorie Gavin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2000
      Hello Linda,

      I have a Rachel Wedderburn who married George Anderson. She died in
      Peterhead in 1868, aged 69 years. Any use to you?

      Marjorie
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2000
        Hi Linda,

        Welcome to the list.

        Linda Adam wrote:

        BIRNIE , Andrew Walker    born 1879, Peterhead
        I didn't find Andrew in the 1881 census index in Peterhead.  You need to get a copy of Andrew and Mary Ann's marriage certificate.  It will give you both parents names (including mother's maiden name), this will help with searching for Andrew's birth certificate.
        married about 1904 in Peterhead

        ANDERSON, Mary Reid     born January 24, 1886 , Peterhead

        This could be the family, but again I suggest that you get copies/transcription of the marriage and birth ceritificates.

        1881 Census Index
        Dwelling: 2 Ronheads
         Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Source: FHL Film 0203464     GRO Ref    Volume 232-1    EnumDist 5    Page 29
         Marr Age Sex Birthplace
        James ANDERSON M 30  M Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Rel: Head
         Occ: Carter
        Mary A. ANDERSON M 29  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Rel: Wife
        Jane ANDERSON   4  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Rel: Daur
        Jessie ANDERSON   2  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Rel: Daur
        James ANDERSON   4 m M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Rel: Son
        Margaret A. ANDERSON   8  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
         Rel: Daur
         Occ: Schoolgirl

        Regards, Wade.

      • Linda Adam
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2000
          Marjorie Gavin wrote:

          > Hello Linda,
          >
          > I have a Rachel Wedderburn who married George Anderson. She died in
          > Peterhead in 1868, aged 69 years. Any use to you?
          >
          > Marjorie

          Hi Marjorie,

          Thank you for your query.
          With the little information I have I would think that my Wedderburn
          connection would be from a Wedderburn marrying my Gr grandmother, Agnes
          Walker . They had a son prior to her husbands death. Agnes (Walker)
          Wedderburn then married my Gr grandfather , ? BIRNIE.
          Would you have the names of Rachel Wedderburn's parents & perhaps her
          siblings .
          I am just unsure where to begin my searching. Up to this point I have
          been searching my father's family in England. The Scottish research is a
          wee bit different as to how/where to obtain certificates etc.
          Regards, Linda.
        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2000
            Rodi Bain wrote:

            > Looking for Birnie connections with Rathen.
            > --
            > Rodi Bain

            Hello Rodi;

            I have copied a great deal of information on your Birnie connections
            from your web site. Hopefully some of your Birnie's will fit into my
            family as I progress with my research.
            Linda Adam
          • Linda Adam
            Message 5 of 5 , May 23, 2000
              Dear Wade,

              Thankyou for your welcome & the information & suggestions you provided.
              Could you advise me where I would send for marriage or birth
              certificates. Is there an email address available to avoid using snail
              mail?

              Linda