Re: [Peterhead] Leslie Research

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2000
      Hello Judy;
      Let me know if you find any of my Peterhead Leslies.  If you need a refresher of what I have found so far, let me know.
      Regards
      William Leslie, (Chieftain, Clan Leslie Society)

      Judy Hand wrote:

      Dear Wade

      Just a quick note to thank you for putting me on to the Peterhead Crew
      Lists - the film was great, and I even got Peter's signature. It was
      fascinating reading these lists as all the names we are now so familiar
      with kept popping up.  It also explained a few family relationships, I
      felt, and where one or two names came from.

      Betty Holmes asked me to keep an eye out for any Diveralls, and I found
      two:  David Diverall on board the "Fairy" (ticket no. 101,257) and James
      Diverall (No. 106,364) on board the "North of Scotland".  The year was
      1851.

      Anyway, now I have the bit between the teeth, I'll order is another one
      or two.  Thanks for your help.

      Best wishes,
      Judy