Look-ups and researcher database

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 1998
      Hi All,

      If I promised that I would search a record/s or you asked or would like
      to have me look at the 1841 census, Peterhead OPR; then please let me
      know the names again. I hope to have a look either Friday or Saturday.

      I have been busy working on a Peterhead Genealogy web page, which I hope
      to put up soon. This leads me to the next question. I will have a
      researchers list, where people can have the names of people they are
      researching in Peterhead. Therefore, if you would like to be included,
      please send the following information (the name of person/s either born
      and/or married in Peterhead):

      First names of person:
      Surname:
      Year of birth (if known or approx):
      Place of birth:
      Father's first names:
      Mother's maiden name:
      Year of marriage:
      Place of marriage:
      Surname of person married to:
      Your email address:
      URL address to this person (if you have a web page):

      I already have this information for most people, but please send it
      again, if you wish to be included.

      Regards, Wade
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 27, 1998
        susan wrote:

        > Please look up the following on the OPR: Alexander Williamson,
        > b.May 22, 1810 in Peterhead, and Margaret Scott born March 15, 1816 in
        > Peterhead, and Married in Peterhead but I don't have the year on that.

        So far I haven't found them, where did you get the dates from ?

        Also is your surname Williamson? (For the researcher database).

        Regards, Wade.
      • Marilyn Lacey
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 28, 1998
          Dear Wade,

          Thanks for the offer to look up the 1841 Census.

          My interests are
          John McGlashan & Barbara (McDonald) McGlashan
          John Milne & Jane (Smith) Milne
          William McGlashan & Theresa (Milne) McGlashan
          Kerr

          Will forward information for researchers list shortly.

          Marilyn Lacey

          At 11:21 PM 26/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
          >From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
          >
          >Hi All,
          >
          >If I promised that I would search a record/s or you asked or would like
          >to have me look at the 1841 census, Peterhead OPR; then please let me
          >know the names again. I hope to have a look either Friday or Saturday.
          >
          >I have been busy working on a Peterhead Genealogy web page, which I hope
          >to put up soon. This leads me to the next question. I will have a
          >researchers list, where people can have the names of people they are
          >researching in Peterhead. Therefore, if you would like to be included,
          >please send the following information (the name of person/s either born
          >and/or married in Peterhead):
          >
          >First names of person:
          >Surname:
          >Year of birth (if known or approx):
          >Place of birth:
          >Father's first names:
          >Mother's maiden name:
          >Year of marriage:
          >Place of marriage:
          >Surname of person married to:
          >Your email address:
          >URL address to this person (if you have a web page):
          >
          >I already have this information for most people, but please send it
          >again, if you wish to be included.
          >
          >Regards, Wade

        • Judy Hand
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 28, 1998
            Wade Buchan wrote:

            > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
            >
            > Hi All,
            >
            > If I promised that I would search a record/s or you asked or would like
            > to have me look at the 1841 census, Peterhead OPR; then please let me
            > know the names again. I hope to have a look either Friday or Saturday.
            >
            > I have been busy working on a Peterhead Genealogy web page, which I hope
            > to put up soon. This leads me to the next question. I will have a
            > researchers list, where people can have the names of people they are
            > researching in Peterhead. Therefore, if you would like to be included,
            > please send the following information (the name of person/s either born
            > and/or married in Peterhead):
            >
            > First names of person:
            > Surname:
            > Year of birth (if known or approx):
            > Place of birth:
            > Father's first names:
            > Mother's maiden name:
            > Year of marriage:
            > Place of marriage:
            > Surname of person married to:
            > Your email address:
            > URL address to this person (if you have a web page):
            >
            > I already have this information for most people, but please send it
            > again, if you wish to be included.
            >
            > Regards, Wade

            Dear Wade,

            I would appreciate your looking the following family up on the 1841
            Census of Peterhead:
            Peter Leslie, seaman, 30 years
            Eliza Leslie m.s. Stewart, 26 years
            Alexander Stewart Leslie, 3 years
            Peter Leslie, infant

            If you are checking the OPR, would you be able to check for the birth of
            Eliza Stewart c.1815, as I do not know her parents' names. The births
            of all but two of Peter and Eliza's children are not recorded on the
            IGI.

            Please include me in your list of researchers. The information relating
            to the above is as follows:
            First name of Person: Peter
            Surname: Leslie
            Year of birth: c.1811
            Place of birth: Peterhead
            Father's first name: -
            Mother's maiden name: -
            Year of Marriage: 1836
            Place of Marriage: Peterhead
            Surname of spouse: Stewart
            My e-mail address: j.rhand@...

            Thank you once again,
            Kind regards,
            Judy Hand
            Auckland, NZ

            --
            ������
          • susan
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 29, 1998
              ----------
              > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
              > To: Peterhead@onelist.com
              > Subject: [Peterhead] Look-ups and researcher database
              > Date: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 1:21 AM
              >
              > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
              >
              > Hi All,
              >
              > If I promised that I would search a record/s or you asked or would like
              > to have me look at the 1841 census, Peterhead OPR; then please let me
              > know the names again. I hope to have a look either Friday or Saturday.

              Hi Wade, It feels like you're bringing a pot to boiling point!

              Please look up the following on the OPR: Alexander Williamson,
              b.May 22, 1810 in Peterhead, and Margaret Scott born March 15, 1816 in
              Peterhead, and Married in Peterhead but I don't have the year on that.

              > I have been busy working on a Peterhead Genealogy web page, which I hope
              > to put up soon. This leads me to the next question. I will have a
              > researchers list, where people can have the names of people they are
              > researching in Peterhead. Therefore, if you would like to be included,
              > please send the following information (the name of person/s either born
              > and/or married in Peterhead):
              >
              > First names of person:Alexander
              > Surname:Williamson
              > Year of birth (if known or approx):1810
              > Place of birth: Peterhead
              > Father's first names:
              > Mother's maiden name:
              > Year of marriage:?
              > Place of marriage:Peterhead
              > Surname of person married to:Scott
              > Your email address:williamsons@...
              > URL address to this person (if you have a web page):

              First names of person: Margaret
              > Surname:Scott
              > Year of birth (if known or approx):1816
              > Place of birth: Peterhead
              > Father's first names:
              > Mother's maiden name:
              > Year of marriage:?
              > Place of marriage:Peterhead
              > Surname of person married to:Williamson
              > Your email address:williamsons@...
              > URL address to this person (if you have a web page):

              > I already have this information for most people, but please send it
              > again, if you wish to be included.
              >
              > Regards, Wade

            • susan
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 31, 1998
                ----------
                > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
                > To: Peterhead@onelist.com
                > Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Look-ups and researcher database
                > Date: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 8:55 AM
                >
                > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
                >
                > susan wrote:
                >
                > > Please look up the following on the OPR: Alexander Williamson,
                > > b.May 22, 1810 in Peterhead, and Margaret Scott born March 15, 1816 in
                > > Peterhead, and Married in Peterhead but I don't have the year on that.
                >
                > So far I haven't found them, where did you get the dates from ?

                From a family tree maintained for a very long time.

                > Also is your surname Williamson? (For the researcher database).

                Williamson is my surname--and my maiden name which I returned to.

                I appreciate your efforts and I'm aware that you are also interested in
                Williamson (Margaret) so
                between the two of us, something is bound to happen!

                > Regards, Wade.

                > Did you ever want to participate in video chats, send real-time video
                > and video mail? Now you can, AND at a super low price--ONLY $89.95!
                > http://orders.xoom.com/zvc/emzvc921
              • Jim & Margrit Whittome
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 1998
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 7, 1998
                    Wade, please include the following in your researchers list:

                    First names of person: William
                    Surname: Fraser
                    Year of birth (if known or approx): approx. 1841
                    Place of birth: Macduff, Banffshire
                    Father's first names: ?
                    Mother's maiden name: ?
                    Year of marriage: 1857
                    Place of marriage: Peterhead
                    Surname of person married to: Stephen
                    Your email address: nvisima@...

                    First names of person: Margaret
                    Surname: Stephen
                    Year of birth (if known or approx): approx. 1839
                    Place of birth: Peterhead
                    Father's first names: ?
                    Mother's maiden name: ?
                    Year of marriage: 1857