!841 Census

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2000
      Hi Wade, Do you acess to the 1841 census of peterhead? If so I, would
      you look to see if a William Bruce is present. He was baptized in
      Aberdeen 1797-so in 1841 would be about age 44 yrs. He was in Peterhead
      in 1842 because he was a witness at the baptism of his nephew
      Charles Bruce [Son of John Bruce]
      On william's death certificate 1858, he is stated as married but no
      mention of the status of marriage nor of a spouses name. So I was
      wondering if the 1841 or even 1851 census has him listed. He died at 2/3
      Ugie street. Thanks Betty.