Leslie Research

  • Judy Hand
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2000
      Dear Wade

      Thank you so much for the information about both Peter's ships in 1854
      and the Leslie details from the 1801 Census. If you keep doing Crew
      Agreements (and get beyond 1855) you may find out what happened to Peter
      before I do. The death registered at Lerwick was not his, so I have
      ordered in Aberdeen - if that fails, there is only Dundee left!
      Between 1836 and 1837 Peter sailed on the Eclipse, Perseverance,
      Marianne and Marly, you gave me the Joseph Green earlier, and now we
      have the Columbia and the Brilliant, so we're nailing him down bit by
      bit.

      Hope the weather in Melbourne is cooling a little.

      Best wishes,
      Judy
    • Judy Hand
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21, 2000
        Dear Wade

        Just a quick note to thank you for putting me on to the Peterhead Crew
        Lists - the film was great, and I even got Peter's signature. It was
        fascinating reading these lists as all the names we are now so familiar
        with kept popping up. It also explained a few family relationships, I
        felt, and where one or two names came from.

        Betty Holmes asked me to keep an eye out for any Diveralls, and I found
        two: David Diverall on board the "Fairy" (ticket no. 101,257) and James
        Diverall (No. 106,364) on board the "North of Scotland". The year was
        1851.

        Anyway, now I have the bit between the teeth, I'll order is another one
        or two. Thanks for your help.

        Best wishes,
        Judy