Re: [Peterhead] Leslie research

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Hi Judy,

      Judy Hand wrote:

      I was quite excited to get the name of a whaler Peter had been on - it
      made it seem real.
      Here is another one, I'm currently doing 1854 Crew Agreements.

      Columbia of Peterhead, 308 tons, whaling Greenland Seas
      Peter Leslie, 45, born Peterhead, previous ship: Brilliant of Peterhead, date & place join: 24/2/1854 Peterhead, occ: Spectioneer, date & place leave: 31/8/1854 Peterhead, discharged.

      As far as the 1801 Census is concerned, just any Leslie would be great.
      I don't think there would have been many Leslie 'households' in 1801,
      but it would help me determine the family groups.
      Address, No.House, Name of Principal Tenant, Col.4, Col.6, Col.7, Col.8, Col.10, Col.11, Col.12
      Well Street, 425, Leslie John, 1, 4, 4, 8, 4, 4, 8
      Kirktown, 549, Leslie Robert, 2, 4, 5, 9, 3, 6, 9

      Col.4: the number of families; Col.6: Number of Males; Col.7: Number of Females; Col.8: Sum of both; Col.9: Number of persons chiefly employed in Agriculture; Col.10: Number of persons chiefly employed in Trade, Manufacture, or Handicraft; Col.11: Number of all other persons not belonging to the two preceding Classes; Col.12: Sum of all the three.