Gordon

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2000
      Hi Sam,

      1851 Census for Peterhead
      District 7, Page 14, No.72, Seagate Street
      William Gordon, head, 57, Banchory, Kincardine
      Margaret Gordon, wife, 59, Laurencekirk, Kincardine
      James Smith, nephew, 27, Peterhead
      John McDougal, lodger, 9, Peterhead
      Amelia Gordon, lodger, 12, Peterhead

      Just to make it hard for you again. She gave her parents as William &
      Margaret on her marriage certificate, but in the census she is a lodger.

      Regards, Wade.
    • LNewman473@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2001
        I am new to this group and would like to post my interests.

        My father James Thomas Gordon born 2.2.1908 ?
        only known place he lived was Prince Street
        His Father John Gordon Lithographer.
        I have been unable to trace a birth certificate for my father and a
        researcher was unable to turn one up also.

        other things I know about him is her had medals for Ballroom dancing and he
        joined the Merchant Navy.

        one search showed in 1936 a firm of Printers Stationers, John E Gordon.
        any help would be great
        thank you.
        Liz