Re: Daniel, Dick, Strachan

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2000
      Hi Sam,

      I didn't find anything on your William Daniel or Williamina Chisholm,
      you will need to get their marriage certificate.

      samdaniel@... wrote:

      > First names of person: James known as 'Packets'
      > Surname: Strachan
      > Year of birth (if known or approx):
      > Place of birth: approx 1838
      > Father's first names: Robert Strachan
      > Mother's maiden name: Margaret Hill
      > Year of marriage: 2/12/1859
      > Place of marriage: Peterhead Seagate
      > Surname of person married to: Emily (Amelia) Gordon

      1859 Marriages
      No.34, 29/11/1859, at Seagate Street, Church of Scotland, James Strachan
      age 21, Peterhead, Seaman, bachelor, parents: Robert Strachan seaman
      (dead) and Margaret Strachan ms Hill married to Emily Gordon, age 20,
      Peterhead, spinister, parents: William Gordon ship-carpenter (dead) and
      Margaret Gordon ms Gordon, witnesses John Cantly and John Gordon.

      Peterhead Deaths
      No.139, Margaret Strachan widow of Robert Strachan fisherman, 9/11/1869
      at 9h 40m am Poor House, Ugie Street, female, 66 years, parents: James
      Stewart Hill (dead) and Janet Hill ms Souter (dead), cause: exhaustion
      of old age, informant: Thn Gordon, Governor, present.

      No.164, Helen Ann Henderson Strachan, single, 9/9/1866 at 4h am 25
      Seagate, female, age 5 mths, parents: James Strachan fisherman and
      Amelia Strachan ms Gordon, cause: unknown, informantL James Strachan.
      his xmark, father, present.

      No.47, John Gordon Strachan, single, 2/4/1868 at 10h 30m am 16 Seagate,
      male 4 years, parents: James Strachan, seaman and Amelia Strachan ms
      Gordon, cause: Typhoid Fever had for 10 days, Harris Duncan, grand-aunt
      (maternal), present, 19 Seagate.

      No.94, Margaret Hill Strachan, single, 22/7/1868 at 5h 20 m pm Seagate,
      female, 7 years 9 mths, parents James Strachan seaman and Amelia
      Strachan ms Gordon, causeL water in the head, had for 7 days, informant:
      James Strachan, his x mark, father, present.

      No.227, George Murray Strachan, single, 29/11/1871 at 2h am Roneheads,
      male, 11 mths, parents: James Strachan fisherman and Amelia Strachan ms
      Gordon, cause: measles, no medical attendant, informant: James Strachan,
      his x mark, father, present.

      No.221, Helen Jane Ann Strachan, 25/9/1874 at 4h 50 mins am Roneheads,
      female, age 7 years, parents: James Strachan fisherman and Amelia
      Strachan ms Gordon, cause: Scarlet Fever, informant: James Strachan, his
      x mark, father, present.

      No.261, Alexander Strachan, single, 22/10/1874 at Noon Roneheads, male,
      2 years, parents: James Strachan, fisherman and Amelia Strachan ms
      Gordon, cause: Scarlet Fever had for 6 days, informant: Robert Strachan,
      his x mark, uncle, not present, neighbour.

      1871 Census, 67 Roanheads, Peterhead
      James Strachan, head, mar, 33, Fisherman, Peterhead
      Emma Strachan, wife, mar, 31, Peterhead
      William Strachan, son, 14, Fisherman's son, Peterhead
      James Strachan, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Emma Strachan, daur, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Joanne Strachan, daur, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Robert Strachan, son, 3, Peterhead
      George Strachan, son, 4 months, Peterhead

      > As I live in England, I have difficulty accessing some of the local
      > files and am relying on the internet.

      Hello from Melbourne, Australia, we are only having our hottest February
      on record.