Re: Peterhead births

  • Marjorie Gavin
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2000
      As regards Peterhead having no maternity hospital after WW11 and Mums being
      sent to Fraserburgh, I was born in Ellon in 1949 with my folks living in
      Peterhead.

      Marjorie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2000
        My Brother-in-law was also born at Ellon Cottage Hospital (1947).
        At this time his Parents (Fraser's) were living at Boddam.

        Take care

        Nick Moir
        Aberdeenshire & Angus Ancestors
        nimo@...

        > As regards Peterhead having no maternity hospital after WW11 and Mums
        being
        > sent to Fraserburgh, I was born in Ellon in 1949 with my folks living in
        > Peterhead.
        >
        > Marjorie

      • anna849
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
          Hope these will help someone. Get in touch for details. Those marked
          with *** are of interest to me.

          1886 *** STEPHEN; Elizabeth Ann d/o James Cordiner Stephen and
          Christian McLeman
          MCCOMBIE; Sarah Louisa d/o James McCombie and Sarah Hislop
          COW; Andrew Wilson s/o James Cow and Elizabeth Smith

          1887 *** STEPHEN; Robert s/o James Cordiner Stephen and
          Christian McLeman
          PRESSLEY; Margaret Christine Bruce d/o William Pressley and
          Margaret Mackenzie
          ROSS; James Henry s/o Alexander Ross and Margaret Watt

          1890 BUCHAN; James Forbes s/o Andrew Buchan and
          Margaret Brown Thompson
          ANGUS; James s/o James Angus and Barbara Baird Bremner
          *** STEPHEN; Jessie Pye d/o James Cordiner Stephen and
          Christian McLeman

          1892 CORDINER; Ann Buchan d/o Robert Daniel Cordiner and
          Ann Buchan
          *** STEPHEN; David s/o James Cordiner Stephen and
          Christian McLeman
          BUCHAN; Alexander Webb s/o James Buchan and Barbara Taylor

          1895 HEPBURN; Alfred s/o William Hepburn and Isabella Bain
          *** STEPHEN; Daniel McLeman s/o James Cordiner Stephen and
          Christian McLeman
          CASSIE; Gordon Lamb s/o George Cassie and Ann Davidson

          1897 *** STEPHEN; George s/o James Cordiner Stephen and
          Christian McLeman
          BALLOCK; Marion Johnstone Ogg d/o John Ballock and
          Catherine Jane Nicol
          GALLOWAY; John s/o William Galloway and Jemima Brand

          Anna
        • anna849
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
            Sharon,

            ALFRED HEPBURN, born May 8, 1895 at 11 h. pm at 5 Cairntoodlie,
            Peterhead.
            Father William Hepburn, plasterers laborer
            Mother Isabella Hepburn m/s Bain
            Parents married July 31, 1876 at Strichen

            Anna