Daniel, Dick, Strachan research from an aul bloo-moganner

  • samdaniel@danielsd.demon.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2000
      Wade,

      I have just started researching my Peterhead family and was
      pleasantly surprised not only to find a dedicated Peterhead site, but
      also to find so many people doing so much research.

      Below is a list of people that I am researching.

      First names of person: William
      Surname: Daniel
      Year of birth (if known or approx): approx 1875
      Place of birth: Cruden ?
      Father's first names: -
      Mother's maiden name: -
      Year of marriage: 28/12/1894
      Place of marriage: Peterhead
      Surname of person married to: Williamina Chisholm
      known to have sons William and Alexander, daughters Muriel, Williamina,
      Jean

      First names of person: Williamina
      Surname: Chisholm
      Year of birth (if known or approx): approx 1875
      Place of birth: ?
      Father's first names: ?
      Mother's maiden name: ?
      Year of marriage: 28/12/1894
      Place of marriage: Peterhead
      Surname of person married to: William Daniel

      First names of person: James known as 'Packets'
      Surname: Strachan
      Year of birth (if known or approx):
      Place of birth: approx 1838
      Father's first names: Robert Strachan
      Mother's maiden name: Margaret Hill
      Year of marriage: 2/12/1859
      Place of marriage: Peterhead Seagate
      Surname of person married to: Emily (Amelia) Gordon

      First names of person: John Wilson
      Surname: Dick
      Year of birth (if known or approx): approx 1873
      Place of birth: ?
      Father's first names: Andrew McAndrew Dick
      Mother's maiden name: ?
      Year of marriage: 1904
      Place of marriage: St Nicholas
      Surname of person married to: Williamina Williams

      As I live in England, I have difficulty accessing some of the local
      files and am relying on the internet.

      Thanks for your assistance. Once I get further, I shall put things up
      on the internet site at danielsd.demon.co.uk. I am also doing a site at
      familysearch. If you would like to be added let me know.

      Sam

      PS You are doing a fantastic job! My sincerest congratulations.