ELECTORS

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2000
      For Wade :

      Hi Wade, Ref. your question about Electors.

      From around 1832 up until 1918, parliamentary electors had to be male and proprietors or tenants of lands, houses or other heritable property....or (from 1868) prosperous lodgers.
      Until 1918, electoral registers had to record why an elector had the right to vote.
      From 1882, provided they were proprietors or tenants, unmarried women and married women not living with their husband could vote for Burgh Councillors and, from 1889, for County Councillors.

      Hope this helps.........................Alex Ritchie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2000
        Hi Alex,

        Alex Ritchie wrote:

        > Hi Wade, Ref. your question about Electors.

        Thanks for your reply, but this is all I got. Did you have the rest as
        an attachment? The list does accept attachments.

        Regards, Wade