Re: McGlashan/Milne

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 1998
      Hi Marilyn,

      Marilyn Lacey wrote:

      > I am researching McGlashan and Milne in Peterhead. Therese Milne married
      > William McGlashan in Peterhead in 1828. William's father was John McGlashan
      > who died at Mile End in 1870. He was a brewer. Theresa (Milne) McGlashan
      > died in 1875 at Laing's Hotel, Prince Street, Peterhead. I believe that is
      > now called Palace Hotel.

      Couple more deaths certificates from Peterhead, looks like all the
      McGlashans are connected.

      No.1 John McGlashan (formerly) Brewer widower of Barbara McDonald,
      3/1/1870 7 hours 10 mins am, Mile End, male 84 years, John McGlashan
      tobacconist (dead) and Elspet McGlashan ms Sprice (dead), cause:
      Inflammation of the spinal cord, 7 days, informant: M. McGlashan, son,
      present, neighbour.

      No.89 Barbara McGlashan married to John McGlashan brewer, 13/6/1863 7
      hours 45 mins pm, Mile end, female, 78 years, John McDonald farmer
      (dead) and Ann NcDonald ms Grant (dead), Atrophy of liver, for years,
      informant: John McGlashan, son, not present, neighbour.