REID/RAINIE

  • J&C Greig
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 1998
      Hello Wade and other people on the list. Below is the family I'm researching
      from Peterhead. Any information about this family appreciated.
      Regards,
      Jeanine
      greig@...

      Husband: John REID
      Occupation: Sailor/shipmaster
      Marriage: 22 Jun 1809 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland

      Wife: Sutherland RAINIE
      Birth: Circa 1793
      Death: 1875 Place: District of St. Nicholas, Aberdeen ABD Sct.

      Children...
      1. F Child: Sutherland REID
      Birth: Circa 1815 Place: ABD. Scotland

      2. M Child: Charles REID
      Birth: Circa 1820 Place: ABD. Scotland
      Occupation: MERCHANT SEAMAN

      3. F Child: Mary REID
      Birth: 1820
      Christen: 12 Jul 1820 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland

      4. M Child: Alexander REID
      Birth: 1822 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland
      Christen: 30 Jun 1822 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland
      Occupation: SEAMAN
      Spouse: Janet/Jessie CUMMINGS
      Marriage: 1854 Place: Geelong VIC. Australia

      5. F Child: Margaret REID
      Birth: 1824
      Christen: 3 Oct 1824 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland

      6. F Child: Jean REID
      Birth: 1826
      Christen: 5 May 1826 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland
      -------
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 1998
        J&C Greig wrote:

        > Wife: Sutherland RAINIE
        > Birth: Circa 1793
        > Death: 1875 Place: District of St. Nicholas, Aberdeen ABD Sct.

        Do you have her death certificate ? You can get this through your local
        LDS Family History Centre for just six dollars.

        Did I send you the 1841 census information last time ?

        Regards, Wade.
      • J&C Greig
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 1998
          Hi Wade,
          Yes, you did send me the 1841 census info thanks. Are you sure
          about being able to get the death certificate for $6? I know pre 1855
          certificates can be ordered this way but I didn't think post 1855 ones
          could.
          If it was up to me I would have ordered this certificate long ago, but as I
          told you last time we spoke, I'm trying to research this family for a
          friend, and she doesn't spend her money on certificates as readily as what I
          do. If I can get it for $6 though, I'll pay for it myself if necessary!
          By the way, are any of her REIDs on the 1852 crew agreement you have?
          John REID
          Occupation: Sailor/shipmaster
          Marriage: 22 Jun 1809 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland
          Charles REID
          Birth: Circa 1820 Place: ABD. Scotland
          Occupation: merchant seaman
          Alexander REID
          Birth: 1822 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland
          Christen: 30 Jun 1822 Place: Peterhead ABD Scotland
          Occupation: seaman
          Regards,
          Jeanine.
          >> Death: 1875 Place: District of St. Nicholas, Aberdeen ABD Sct.
          >>
          >Do you have her death certificate ? You can get this through your local
          >LDS Family History Centre for just six dollars.
          >
          >Did I send you the 1841 census information last time ?
          >
          >Regards, Wade.

        • Colin Gordon
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 1998
            Hi all. I'm looking for a Mr. Reid who married Murray-Mitchel (strange name
            for a girl allright!) Gordon (born February 9, 1841 and died October 8,
            1928) She is buried in the Peathill Kirkyard.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16, 1998
              HI Jeanine,

              J&C Greig wrote:
              > Yes, you did send me the 1841 census info thanks. Are you sure
              > about being able to get the death certificate for $6? I know pre 1855
              > certificates can be ordered this way but I didn't think post 1855 ones
              > could.

              The LDS have film the Scottish Certificates BDM from 1855 to 1875, and
              1881. So if you go to your local LDS FHC (Braeside?) and look at the
              Locality Catalogue (on microfiche) for Scotland Civil Registration,
              Deaths 1875 that cover No.161a (St.Nicholas). You get the orginal
              certificate which most times has the witnesses signature.

              I have been transcribing and indexing all the Peterhead death
              certificates, probably completed about a 1/3.

              > By the way, are any of her REIDs on the 1852 crew agreement you have?

              Not yet, but only upto boat names with "I". Will let you know if I find
              anything.

              Regards, Wade.
            • C&J Greig
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 8, 1998
                Hi Wade,
                Thanks for looking for a Rennie/Davidson marriage, I checked the
                IGI but couldn't find anything either. I think my next step will have to be
                finding Sutherland REID on the 1871 Aberdeen census to see if Peterhead is
                given as her place of birth.
                Regards,
                Jeanine.