Re: Volum

  • Joyce Piper
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 1999
      alex@...>

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alex Ritchie <
      To: Peterhead Genealogy <Peterhead@onelist.com>
      Date: 12 December 1999 20:14
      Subject: [Peterhead] Volum

      To Joyce Piper :

      Hi Joyce, I'm sure you did already thank me for the little information I sent you.

      I have since managed to pull together some burial information on the Volums when I was in Peterhead a couple of weeks ago.
      You are welcome to a copy if it's of any interest to you (It's on an EXCEL spreadsheet format). Unfortunately, it doesn't get you any closer to the origins of the VOLUM surname.

      What I would really like to find out is how the VOLUM connection with Australia came about. I'm sure it must have been through the seafaring exploits of Peterhead natives.

      Kindest Regards..................... Alex Ritchie