RE: Davidson Family

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 1999
      Hi Tony,

      > My great grandfather was also called Alexander(b.26/2/1856,died 11/11/26),he married MargaretRobertson Mackie 20/7/1879 in Peterhead and his parents were given as William Davidson(deceased)seaman-merchant service & Jane Davidson m.sNoble,his wifes parents were given as Alexander Mackie (deceased)fisherman & Ann Mackie m.sTaylor address 70 Roanheads,Alexanders address was given as 4 Crooked lane.

      I haven't found anything on your Davidsons yet. I have found some information on you Mackie/Taylor branch.

      Alexander Mackie b. 1812c d. 20/6/1868 Peterhead parents Alexander Mackie and Elizabeth Hutchison
      married to
      Ann Taylor b. 1822c Cruden
      children
      Alexander b.1850c d.20/8/1868 Peterhead
      Robert b.1853c d. 18/11/1864 Peterhead
      Margaret b.1857c Peterhead
      Jean b.1858c d.11/2/1858 Peterhead
      David b.1860c Peterhead
      Robert b.1864c Peterhead
      Sarah b.1865c Peterhead

      Peterhead Deaths
      No.132, Robert Mackie, single, 18/11/1858 2h 30m pm at 34 Roneheads, male, 5 years, parents: Alexander Mackie seaman and Ann Mackie ms Taylor, cause: Marasmus probably a few months, buried Churchyard of Peterhead, informant: Ann Mackie, her X mark, mother, present.

      No.32, Jean Mackie, single, 11/2/1864 2h pm at Roneheads, female, 19 hours, parents: Alexander Mackie fisherman and Ann Mackie ms Taylor, cause: small-pox no medical attendant, informant: Alexander Mackie, his x mark, father (present).

      No.88, Alexander Mackie, seaman married to Ann Taylor, 20/6/1868 about 11h am about 1/2 mile off South-head, male, 56 years, parents: Alexander Mackie seaman (dead) and Elizabeth Mackie ms Hutchison (dead), cause: Drowning body not recovered, informant: Ann Mackie, her X mark, widow, not present, Roneheads.

      No.89, Alexander Mackie, seaman, single, 20/6/1868 about 11h am about 1/2 mile off South-head, male, 18 years, Alexander Mackie, seaman (dead) and Ann Mackie ms Taylor, cause: Drowning body not recovered, informant: Ann Mackie, her X mark, mother, not present, Roneheads.

      Also drowned that day were James Thain age 12, James Stewart age 56, and Alexander Strachan age 14. You should be able to get a newspaper report about this accident. I can not think of the contact address, it is the Library for Aberdeenshire in Old Meldrum or if you are a member of Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS they might be able to do a search of the local newspaper (Buchan Observer). If you do get a newspaper article on the accident, than I would appreciate a copy.

      Hope this helps.