Re: Re: Death Details

  • Alison Anderson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi Wade,

      Once again many thanks for the info. I maybe shouldn't have asked for the
      cause of death for Robert ! (but there's always skeletons in everyone's
      tree/closet). It all adds to the fun.

      Alison

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2000
        Hi Alison,

        Alison Anderson wrote:

        > Could I possibly grovel for the death details of some people I'm
        > nterested in.
        >
        > Leask, James, b. 1859, d. 1860, ref. no. 68, father Leask, Alexander,
        > mother Finnie

        No.68, James Leask, single, 19/5/1868 7h am at 23/8 Longate, male, 17
        months, parents: Alexander Leask, seaman and Elizabeth Leask ms Finnie,
        cause: measles, no medical attendant, informant: Elizabeth Leask, her x
        mar, mother, present.

        > Brown, William, b. 1856, d. 1858, ref. no. 142, father Brown, George,
        > mother Grant

        No.142, William Brown, single, 3/12/1858, 6h15m am at 33/4 Broad Street,
        male, 2 years, parents: George Brown, tailor and Christian Brown ms.
        Grant, cause: Scrofula in the bowels had for 3 months, informant: George
        Brown, father, present.

        > Finnie, Mary J., b. 1856, d. 1864, ref. no. 82, father Finnie, John,
        > mother Mann

        No.82, Mary Jackson Finnie, single, 7/5/1864 at 2h pm at Port Henry
        Lane, female, 8 years, parents: John Finnie, seaman and Jean Finnie ms.
        Mann, cause: water in the head, 8 days, informant: Mary Jackson,
        present, 26 Windmill Street.

        > Finnie, Emily, b. 1864, d. 1865, ref. no. 42, father Finnie, John,
        > mother Mann

        No.42, Emily Finnie, single, 17/3/1865 at 5h30m pm at 52 Seagate,
        female, 1 year 4 months, parents: John Finnie, seaman and Jean Finnie ms
        Mann, cause: unknown, no medical attemdant, informant: Matilda McDougal,
        her X mark, paternal neice, present, 20 Windmill Street.

        > Morrice, Helen, b. 1828, d. 1864, ref. no. 98, father Morrice, John,
        > mother Finnie

        No.98, Helen Morrice, single, 11/6/1864 at 8h pm at 41 Merchant St,
        female, 36 years, parents: John Morrice, maltster (dead) and Catherine
        Morrice ms Finnie (dead), cause: a) gastric fever, 7 weeks and b)
        ulceration of bowels, 3 weeks, informant: Alexander Morrice, brother,
        not present, 16 Queen St.

      • Alison Anderson
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2000
          Hi Wade,

          Many thanks once again for the death details below. My apologies for not
          replying earlier, however was on holiday and since then have not had enough
          hours in the day, and am now trying to catch up.

          Could I possibly ask for another three death details:

          Begg, Jane, born 1857, died 1857, ref. no. 113; father Begg, William; mother
          Morice
          Begg, Mary, born 1857, died 1857, ref. no. 8; father Begg, William, mother
          Morice
          Morrice, John, born 1795, died 1864, ref. no. 57; father Morrice, Alexander;
          mother Taylor

          Thanking you in anticipation.

          Alison

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2000
            Hi Alison,

            Alison Anderson wrote:

            > Begg, Jane, born 1857, died 1857, ref. no. 113;

            No.113, Jane Begg, single, died 11/10/1857 2h am at Cairnhodlie, female,
            aged 2 months, parents: William Begg, blacksmith and Helen Morice,
            cause: debility since birth, informant: Helen Morrice, mother, present.

            > Begg, Mary, born 1857, died 1858, ref. no. 8;

            No.8, Mary Begg, single, died 14/1/1858 4h pm at Cairntrodlie, female, 5
            months, parents: William Begg, blacksmith and Helen Morice, cause:
            Struma, since birth, informant: Helen Morice, mother, present.

            > Morrice, John, born 1795, died 1864, ref. no. 57;

            No.57, John Morrice, maltman widower of Catherine Finnie, died 20/3/1864
            3h am at 7 Union Street, male, 69 years, parents: Alexander Morrice,
            farmer (dead) and Mary Morrice ms Taylor (dead), informant: Alexander
            Morrice, son, not present, 16 Queen Street.

          • Alison Anderson
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2000
              Hi Wade,

              Many thanks once again. I am deeply indebted to you. You have made my day!

              Alison