Re: The Herriot Family

  • Joyce Piper
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 1999
      Alex
      I was very interested in your Peterhead sea-faring families, in particular the name William Volum and have wondered where the name Volum originates.
      I have a William Volum Mcleod born in October 1834 who is my 2 x gt.grand uncle. He was the son of Dugal Mcleod and Anne Rose. The name William Volum then appears in another family name as William Volum Davidson McLeod born June 1864, died 1867. This William Volum was the son of Dougald McLeod and Sarah Davidson (Dougald being the brother of the first Dugald).
      Has anyone any ideas about the name Volum?
      Joyce