RE: Slessers of Peterhead

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 1999
      Hi Jill & Betty,

      Jill Wrote:
      > But perhaps you might be able to find other information. It's the Slesser's that I am
      > presently searching for.

      I didn't have any mone on your Slessor branch until yesterday. The 1871 deaths for Peterhead film just came in.

      1871 Deaths
      No.32, Elizabeth Diverall, single, 23/2/1871 0h 30m am at 3 Queen Street, female, 30 years, James Diverall, seaman and Barbara Diverall ms Gordon, cause: Typhoid Fever, informant: James Diverall, father, present.

      No.63, John Slessor, cooper married to Isabella Diveral, 26/4/1871 10h 30m pm at 22/2 Keith Street, male, 54 years, Alexander Slessor labourer (dead) and Mary Slessor ms McKay (dead), cause: a) Heart Disease unknown b) Phthisis Pulmonalis six months, informant: W. Slessor, son, present, inmate.

      1856 Deaths
      No.132, George Slessor, shoemaker married, 27/12/1856 2h pm at 8 Errol Street, male, 50 years, Alexander Slessor, labourer (Deceased) and Mary Slessor ms McKay (Deceased), cause: unknown, no medical attendant, buried Peterhead, informant: John Slessor, brother, present.

      1851 Census
      District 12, page 15, No.76, Errol Street
      George Slessor, head, 44, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Slessor, wife, 38, Fraserburgh