Diverall family

  • Judy Hand
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 1999
      To Betty Holmes

      Betty, It was you who asked me to keep a look out for any information
      concerning the Diverall family, wasn't it? I have recently been reading
      the 1861 and 1871 census films at the LDS Library, and noted down
      anything relevant. In case you haven't already got the info, here
      goes:-

      1861 Census:
      En. Dist. 1 Reg. Dist. 232 Peterhead

      21 Castle Street William Diverall Head Widower 86 Retired Sawyer
      Born Oldmeldrum

      En. Dist. 12
      3 Queen Street Barbara Diverall Head Mar 43 Seaman's wife St Fergus
      William G. " Son Un 26 Grocer (employing 2 Apps)
      Peterhead
      Margaret " Daug Un 22 Peterhead
      Elizabeth " Daug Un 20 Peterhead
      Jemima " Daug 13 Scholar Peterhead
      Anna S. " Daug 9 Scholar Peterhead

      En. Dist 18
      Berry Den Wm Arbuthnot Wdr 80 Landed Proprietor P/head
      Emday Diveral housekeeper Wd 47 P/head

      1871 Census
      En. Dist. 12
      3 Queen St James Diverall Head Mar 62 Seaman Peterhead
      Barbara " Wife Mar 53 Seaman's wife St Fergus
      Jemima " D Un 22 Seaman's daughter P/head
      Ann S " D Un 19 Schoolteacher P/head

      17 Queen St William G Diverall H Mar 36 Cabinet Maker P/head
      Christian " Wife " 26 Longside
      Barbara G " D Un 5 Scholar P/head
      George J " S 3 P/head
      James " S 2 P/head
      William G " S 2mo P/head

      Those were all the Diveralls I could find!

      Regards,
      Judy Hand