Re: 1869 Deaths

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
      Hi Alison,

      Alison Anderson wrote:

      > Finnie, Ann - b 1795, ref no 189
      > Finnie, William - b 1869, ref no 32
      > Shewan, Isabella - b 1793, ref no 90

      No.32, William Finnie, single, 3/3/1869 1 h 30m pm at 2 Constitution
      Street, male, 9 months, William Finnie tailor and Elizabeth Finnie ms
      McPherson, cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant: William
      Finnie, father, present.

      No.90, Isabella Shewan married to William Shewan shipcarpenter,
      12/7/1869 0h30m am at 56 Marischal Street, female, 76 years, William
      Finnie wright (dead) and Isabella Finnie ms Clyne (dead), cause: not
      ascertained, informant: Alexander Bruce, son-in-law, present, St.Peter
      Street.

      No.189, Ann Finnie, single, 13/12/1869 6h pm at 22 Merchant, female, 74
      years, William Finnie, miller (dead) and Jane Finnie ms Third (dead),
      Gangrene of the arm 10 days, informant: William Begg, son, Illegitimate,
      present, occupier.

      Regards, Wade.
    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 13, 1999
        Hello Wade;
        Thanks for the Bruce information. No, i do not know who their parents are,
        but I will do a search for my uncle's birth record, and hopefully get a
        match.
        Regards
        William Leslie

        Wade Buchan wrote:

        > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
        >
        > Hi William,
        >
        > William Leslie wrote:
        >
        > > Could you please send me the information on the Bruces on your list?
        >
        > See below.
        >
        > > I am looking for more information on my Uncle's family in Peterhead.
        > > My uncle was Peter (Pat) Buchan Bruce, 1 May 1897 - 13 Jan 1993.
        >
        > Do you know who his parents were? If they came from Buchanhaven in
        > Peterhead, then we would probably have a connection.
        >
        > No.134, James Bruce, single, 4/9/1869 11h 55m pm at Roneheads, male, 2
        > years, John Bruce fisherman St.Combs and Margaret Bruce ms Buchan,
        > cause: no medical attendant, informant: Alex. C. Bruce, brother,
        > present.
        >
        > No.167, Alexander Bruce, labourer single, 3/11/1869 6h am at 10
        > Marischal Street, male, 41 years, Alexander Bruce blacksmith and Mary
        > bruce ms Fiddler (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant:
        > A. Bruce, father, present.
        >
        > No.184, Margaret Bruce, single, 4/12/1869 at 66 Kirk Street, female, 29
        > years, John Bruce miller (dead) and Elizabeth Bruce ms Martin, cause: a.
        > Tubercle in Abdomen for years b. Phthisis Pulmonalis a year, informant:
        > Hugh Bruce, brother, present.
        >
        > No.187, Isabella Ann Bruce, single, 12/12/1869 6h am at Boddam, female,
        > Nicolson Bruce fisherman and Margaret Bruce ms Stephen, cause: unknown
        > no medical attendant, William Stephen, married to Father's Sister,
        > present, neighbour.
        >
        > Regards, Wade.
        >
        > > Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/
      • Alison Anderson
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 13, 1999
          Hi Wade,

          Many thanks for the information, it has helped tremendously.

          Alison

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 15, 1999
            Thanks very much Wade.

            Colin Gordon
            Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
            CANADA
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 8, 1999
              Hi Morag,

              > From: "morag hooker" <moragh@...>
              >
              > Could I please have details of
              > Sutherland Mary Scott 1869 1869 160 Sutherland ,Alexander Mundie

              No.160, Mary Scott Sutherland, single, 13/10/1869 10h 45m am at 19 Merchant Street, age: 8 months , parents: Alexander Sutherland, Cooper and Elizabeth Sutherland ms Mundie, cause: a) Bronchitis a week b) Exhaustion (shock), informant: Alex Sutherland, father, present.

              Regards,
              Wade Buchan.
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 10, 1999
                Hi Marjorie

                > Can you give me details of the deaths of Elspet Sellar and William McKisser.

                No.8, Elspet Sellar married to James Sellar fisherman, 14/1/1869 8h pm at Boddam, female, 66 years old, parents: John West, ship carpenter (dead) and Elspet West ms Robertson (dead), cause: Paralysis, no medical attendant, informant: John Sellar, son, present, occupier.

                No.80, William McKisser labourer married to Jemima Henderson, 14/6/1869 6h 20m am at Sandfordhill, male, 71 years old, parents: Andrew McKisser labourer (dead) and Margaret McKisser ms Whyte (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant: James McKisser, son, present.

                Regards, Wade.

              • VA West
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
                  Hi

                  I know that this is really an old message.
                  But,I am confused by it.

                  No.8, Elspet Sellar married to James Sellar fisherman, 14/1/1869 8h
                  pm at Boddam, female, 66 years old, parents: John West, ship
                  carpenter (dead) and Elspet West ms Robertson (dead), cause:
                  Paralysis, no medical attendant, informant: John Sellar, son,
                  present, occupier.

                  It shows John West and Elspet West ms Robertson as parents of
                  Elspet Sellar nee West married to James Sellar.
                  Is this information correct????

                  I have John West and Susan Robertson as parents of Elspet West
                  that married James Sellar.

                  Can anyone clarify this???

                  Would anyone have more information on James Sellar and Elspet West
                  children.

                  Thank You
                  VICKI

                  --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Wade Buchan