Diveralls

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 1998
      Wade, Thank you very much for the recent Diverall info. William and
      Isabella I already knew of but didn't know about all their family, only
      the 3 boys as recently mentioned. Barbara Diverall[parents William
      gordon and Elizabeth Alexander] was married to Williams son James. He
      was a Whaler,so would most likely be at sea at census time. Re The
      information on Isabella's death, the dates are close but not exact with
      info I already have. I find that these discrepancies are common.
      I have one query which 4 of us related to Diveralls can't put in place.
      On a tombstone in Peterhead is" William Diveral, his wife Elizabeth
      Dinnes,died 22 Nov 1902 aged 85yrs. William died 2 Dec 1905 aged 82
      years." The Tombstone is in Old Churchyard in Peterhead. Betty.
    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 1998
        Wade, Thank you once again forthe information on the above family.I
        almost feel a little embrassed to write to the list as it seems that you
        are the only one with much information. Just want you to know how much
        your help is appreciated. Betty Holmes.
      • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2000
          Hi Judy,Very interesting-and thank you- about the Peterhead crew lists.
          Scotland to Australia to New Zealand to Canada!! What would our
          ancestors think!!
          Seriously, can you tell me more about the lists? You seem so excited
          about them. I could call the nearest LDS centre and see if they can get
          them. I have retired from work, and as summer is coming, could drive the
          distance and get a friend to put me up for a couple of days.[The
          research room is about 10 ft x 18 ft. and they only open some days for a
          few hours] What would I ask them to get for me? Once again thank you
          very much and Happy Hunting1 Betty.