Robertson, Sutherland, McPherson

  • D. Wallace
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 1998
      Hi
      My Peterhead interests are as follows:
      David Robertson b April 6, 1815 in Stonehaven, m Janet McPherson Sept
      22, 1843 in Peterhead. Three children b Peterhead, Mary Ann b 1843,
      James b 1845, d 1862 (lost at sea). The 1881 census lists their home
      address as 13 Constitution, Peterhead. David Robertson was a member of
      the Peterhead branch of the Grand Lodge of Scotland. He died in 1897.
      Jessie Robertson m George Booth Sutherland and they had three children:
      David b Dec 1873 in Woodside, Isabella Stichell(my grandmother) b Jan
      1874 in Gallashiels, Elizabeth b April 1876. Isabella married Angus
      Duncan Wallace in Aberdeen 1903, they lived in New Deer and Strichen
      before emigrating to Canada.
      Any info appreciated.
      Dave Wallace
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 1998
        Hi Dave,

        D. Wallace wrote:

        > 22, 1843 in Peterhead. Three children b Peterhead, Mary Ann b 1843,

        Christened: 2/1/1843 Peterhead

        > James b 1845, d 1862 (lost at sea). The 1881 census lists their home

        Christened: 29/1/1845 Peterhead

        > Jessie Robertson m George Booth Sutherland and they had three children:

        Christened: 7/2/1851 Peterhead

        Do you have this information from the Peterhead OPR ? I can have a look
        at the entries for more information if you don't.

        Regards, Wade.
      • David Wallace
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 1998
          Hi Wade
          Thankyou for the info. I obtained the information on Robertson from a handwritten record found in David Robertson's effects. I searched the 1881 census and found the information re Jessie and her three children. She was listed as a widow. I would like to find info on my gmother's siblings Elizabeth and David. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
          Regards
          Dave