Re: Digest Number 22

  • Sharron Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 1998
      Wade

      I thought I should post details about my Leslies

      My ggggrandfather was Thomas Leslie, born c1796 Longside.
      His wife was Bridget Leslie, born c1806 in Ireland

      In the 1851 census, they are listed as living at 63 Kirk St, Peterhead.

      They had 5 children:

      (H)ellen, born c1842 Ireland
      Mary, born c1834 Longside
      Thomas Baron, born c1835 Longside
      Joseph, born c1839 Longside
      Bridget, born c1845 Peterhead

      I don't know what happened to the other 4 children but my gggrandfather
      Thomas Baron Leslie emigrated to New Zealand c1857. He was a sailmaker. He
      married Jessie Colville in Lyttelton c1861 and they had 5 children: twins
      Ellen Bridget and Jessie Colville, my ggrandmother Mary Ann, plus one more
      daughter and a son.
      Thomas died 10 June 1877.

      Wade actually did the look up of the 1851 census for me and found the
      additional details about Thomas's family. Up till then, all I had were the
      details from his NZ death certificate.

      Slante va and cheers from Wellington NZ

      Sharron