Re: 1869 Deaths

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
      Hi Val,

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
        Hi Colin,

        Colin Gordon wrote:

        > Can I have additional information on the Murrays and Watts on the list
        > please?

        Already sent Margaret Watt no.26 to the list, so here are the others.

        No.76, Alexander Gray Watt, single, 3/6/1869 0h 45m pm at 45 Kirk
        Street, male, 13 months, George Watt, woolspinner and Margaret Watt ms
        Milne, cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis two months, informamt: George Watt,
        father, prsent.

        No.96, George Murray apprentice to a Stationer, single, 16/7/1869 0h30m
        am at 8/2 Love Lane, male, 20 years, George Murray Shoemaker (dead) and
        Euphemia Murray ms Mitchell (dead), cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis 18
        months, informant: William Murray, brother, present, occupier.

        No.132, Joseph Murray, single, 3/9/1869 7h pm at 11 Port Henry Lane,
        male, 13 months, James Murray fisherman (Buckie) and Margaret Murray ms
        Cowie, cause: convulsions 2 days, informant: James Murray father
        present.

        No.138, George Watt (Illegitimate) Shipcarpenter, single, 7/9/1869 5h
        30m pm at 61 Marischal Street, male, 45 years, Isobel Watt (dead),
        cause: acute liver abscess 10 days, informant: James Allardyce, present,
        2 Uphill Lane.

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
          Hi William,

          William Leslie wrote:

          > Could you please send me the information on the Bruces on your list?

          See below.

          > I am looking for more information on my Uncle's family in Peterhead.
          > My uncle was Peter (Pat) Buchan Bruce, 1 May 1897 - 13 Jan 1993.

          Do you know who his parents were? If they came from Buchanhaven in
          Peterhead, then we would probably have a connection.

          No.134, James Bruce, single, 4/9/1869 11h 55m pm at Roneheads, male, 2
          years, John Bruce fisherman St.Combs and Margaret Bruce ms Buchan,
          cause: no medical attendant, informant: Alex. C. Bruce, brother,
          present.

          No.167, Alexander Bruce, labourer single, 3/11/1869 6h am at 10
          Marischal Street, male, 41 years, Alexander Bruce blacksmith and Mary
          bruce ms Fiddler (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant:
          A. Bruce, father, present.

          No.184, Margaret Bruce, single, 4/12/1869 at 66 Kirk Street, female, 29
          years, John Bruce miller (dead) and Elizabeth Bruce ms Martin, cause: a.
          Tubercle in Abdomen for years b. Phthisis Pulmonalis a year, informant:
          Hugh Bruce, brother, present.

          No.187, Isabella Ann Bruce, single, 12/12/1869 6h am at Boddam, female,
          Nicolson Bruce fisherman and Margaret Bruce ms Stephen, cause: unknown
          no medical attendant, William Stephen, married to Father's Sister,
          present, neighbour.

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
            Hi Jim,

            Jim Miller wrote:

            > Could you please send me details of the deaths of Elizabeth Dickie
            > 1803-1869 ref # 169 and John Dickie 1851- 1869 ref # 1.

            No.1, John Dickie cooper, single, 3/1/1869 7h 50m pm at 6 Weaver Lane,
            male, 18 years, William Dickie cooper and Mary Dickie ms Birnie (dead),
            cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis several months, informant: William Dickie
            father present.
            No.169, Elizabeth Dickie, Illegitimate, widow of John Dickie,
            farmservant, 7/11/1869 8h30m am at 35 Merchant Street, female, 66 years,
            Isabella Davie ms Hepburn (dead), cause: cancer of the omentum?,
            informant: William Lillie, son-in-law, present, 16 Merchant Street.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
              Hi John,

              John Brebner wrote:

              > Aiken Jane 1791 1869 84 Aiken, Andrew Williamson

              No.84, Jane Aiken widow of Andrew Aiken farmer, 22/6/1869 5h pm at 62 Queen Street,
              female 78 years, Andrew Aiken crofter (dead) and Isabella Aiken ms Williamson
              (dead), disease of heart valvular unknown, informant: James Aiken, son, not
              present, 91 Chapel Street, Aberdeen.

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
                Hi Alison,

                Alison Anderson wrote:

                > Finnie, Ann - b 1795, ref no 189
                > Finnie, William - b 1869, ref no 32
                > Shewan, Isabella - b 1793, ref no 90

                No.32, William Finnie, single, 3/3/1869 1 h 30m pm at 2 Constitution
                Street, male, 9 months, William Finnie tailor and Elizabeth Finnie ms
                McPherson, cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant: William
                Finnie, father, present.

                No.90, Isabella Shewan married to William Shewan shipcarpenter,
                12/7/1869 0h30m am at 56 Marischal Street, female, 76 years, William
                Finnie wright (dead) and Isabella Finnie ms Clyne (dead), cause: not
                ascertained, informant: Alexander Bruce, son-in-law, present, St.Peter
                Street.

                No.189, Ann Finnie, single, 13/12/1869 6h pm at 22 Merchant, female, 74
                years, William Finnie, miller (dead) and Jane Finnie ms Third (dead),
                Gangrene of the arm 10 days, informant: William Begg, son, Illegitimate,
                present, occupier.

                Regards, Wade.
              • Val Lowrie
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 11, 1999
                  Wade
                  Thanks a million for that lot of deaths info.
                  Amazing to think we can create just about
                  a whole family with the details from each of
                  those death indexes.

                  Regards
                  Val Lowrie

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 13, 1999
                    Hello Wade;
                    Thanks for the Bruce information. No, i do not know who their parents are,
                    but I will do a search for my uncle's birth record, and hopefully get a
                    match.
                    Regards
                    William Leslie

                    Wade Buchan wrote:

                    > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
                    >
                    > Hi William,
                    >
                    > William Leslie wrote:
                    >
                    > > Could you please send me the information on the Bruces on your list?
                    >
                    > See below.
                    >
                    > > I am looking for more information on my Uncle's family in Peterhead.
                    > > My uncle was Peter (Pat) Buchan Bruce, 1 May 1897 - 13 Jan 1993.
                    >
                    > Do you know who his parents were? If they came from Buchanhaven in
                    > Peterhead, then we would probably have a connection.
                    >
                    > No.134, James Bruce, single, 4/9/1869 11h 55m pm at Roneheads, male, 2
                    > years, John Bruce fisherman St.Combs and Margaret Bruce ms Buchan,
                    > cause: no medical attendant, informant: Alex. C. Bruce, brother,
                    > present.
                    >
                    > No.167, Alexander Bruce, labourer single, 3/11/1869 6h am at 10
                    > Marischal Street, male, 41 years, Alexander Bruce blacksmith and Mary
                    > bruce ms Fiddler (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant:
                    > A. Bruce, father, present.
                    >
                    > No.184, Margaret Bruce, single, 4/12/1869 at 66 Kirk Street, female, 29
                    > years, John Bruce miller (dead) and Elizabeth Bruce ms Martin, cause: a.
                    > Tubercle in Abdomen for years b. Phthisis Pulmonalis a year, informant:
                    > Hugh Bruce, brother, present.
                    >
                    > No.187, Isabella Ann Bruce, single, 12/12/1869 6h am at Boddam, female,
                    > Nicolson Bruce fisherman and Margaret Bruce ms Stephen, cause: unknown
                    > no medical attendant, William Stephen, married to Father's Sister,
                    > present, neighbour.
                    >
                    > Regards, Wade.
                    >
                    > > Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/
                  • Alison Anderson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 13, 1999
                      Hi Wade,

                      Many thanks for the information, it has helped tremendously.

                      Alison

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 15, 1999
                        Thanks very much Wade.

                        Colin Gordon
                        Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
                        CANADA

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 8, 1999
                          Hi Morag,

                          > From: "morag hooker" <moragh@...>
                          >
                          > Could I please have details of
                          > Sutherland Mary Scott 1869 1869 160 Sutherland ,Alexander Mundie

                          No.160, Mary Scott Sutherland, single, 13/10/1869 10h 45m am at 19 Merchant Street, age: 8 months , parents: Alexander Sutherland, Cooper and Elizabeth Sutherland ms Mundie, cause: a) Bronchitis a week b) Exhaustion (shock), informant: Alex Sutherland, father, present.

                          Regards,
                          Wade Buchan.
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 10, 1999
                            Hi Marjorie

                            > Can you give me details of the deaths of Elspet Sellar and William McKisser.

                            No.8, Elspet Sellar married to James Sellar fisherman, 14/1/1869 8h pm at Boddam, female, 66 years old, parents: John West, ship carpenter (dead) and Elspet West ms Robertson (dead), cause: Paralysis, no medical attendant, informant: John Sellar, son, present, occupier.

                            No.80, William McKisser labourer married to Jemima Henderson, 14/6/1869 6h 20m am at Sandfordhill, male, 71 years old, parents: Andrew McKisser labourer (dead) and Margaret McKisser ms Whyte (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant: James McKisser, son, present.

                            Regards, Wade.

                          • VA West
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
                              Hi

                              I know that this is really an old message.
                              But,I am confused by it.

                              No.8, Elspet Sellar married to James Sellar fisherman, 14/1/1869 8h
                              pm at Boddam, female, 66 years old, parents: John West, ship
                              carpenter (dead) and Elspet West ms Robertson (dead), cause:
                              Paralysis, no medical attendant, informant: John Sellar, son,
                              present, occupier.

                              It shows John West and Elspet West ms Robertson as parents of
                              Elspet Sellar nee West married to James Sellar.
                              Is this information correct????

                              I have John West and Susan Robertson as parents of Elspet West
                              that married James Sellar.

                              Can anyone clarify this???

                              Would anyone have more information on James Sellar and Elspet West
                              children.

                              Thank You
                              VICKI

                              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Wade Buchan