Re: 1869 Deaths

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
      Hi Robert,

      Robert Offer wrote:

      > Thomson Alexander 1802 1869 118 Thomson, Peter Gordon
      > Thomson Robert 18168 1869 131 Thomson, Alexander Buchan

      No.118, Alexander Thomson, Dyer married to Barbara Cadger, died 20/8/1869
      11h am at 5 Manse Street, male, age 65 years, parents: Peter Thomson, Dyer
      (dead) and Susan Thomson ms Gordon (dead), cause: Cancer of Tongue had for
      seven years, informant: John Brown, grandson, present, inmate.

      No.131, Robert Thomson, single, died 3/9/1869 4h 20m am at 1/17 Backgate,
      male, age 15 months, parents: Alexander Thomson, seaman and Margaret Thomson
      ms Buchan, cause: unknown, no medical attendant, informant: Alexander
      Thomson, his x mark, father, present.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
        Hi Val,

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
          Hi Colin,

          Colin Gordon wrote:

          > Can I have additional information on the Murrays and Watts on the list
          > please?

          Already sent Margaret Watt no.26 to the list, so here are the others.

          No.76, Alexander Gray Watt, single, 3/6/1869 0h 45m pm at 45 Kirk
          Street, male, 13 months, George Watt, woolspinner and Margaret Watt ms
          Milne, cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis two months, informamt: George Watt,
          father, prsent.

          No.96, George Murray apprentice to a Stationer, single, 16/7/1869 0h30m
          am at 8/2 Love Lane, male, 20 years, George Murray Shoemaker (dead) and
          Euphemia Murray ms Mitchell (dead), cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis 18
          months, informant: William Murray, brother, present, occupier.

          No.132, Joseph Murray, single, 3/9/1869 7h pm at 11 Port Henry Lane,
          male, 13 months, James Murray fisherman (Buckie) and Margaret Murray ms
          Cowie, cause: convulsions 2 days, informant: James Murray father
          present.

          No.138, George Watt (Illegitimate) Shipcarpenter, single, 7/9/1869 5h
          30m pm at 61 Marischal Street, male, 45 years, Isobel Watt (dead),
          cause: acute liver abscess 10 days, informant: James Allardyce, present,
          2 Uphill Lane.

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
            Hi William,

            William Leslie wrote:

            > Could you please send me the information on the Bruces on your list?

            See below.

            > I am looking for more information on my Uncle's family in Peterhead.
            > My uncle was Peter (Pat) Buchan Bruce, 1 May 1897 - 13 Jan 1993.

            Do you know who his parents were? If they came from Buchanhaven in
            Peterhead, then we would probably have a connection.

            No.134, James Bruce, single, 4/9/1869 11h 55m pm at Roneheads, male, 2
            years, John Bruce fisherman St.Combs and Margaret Bruce ms Buchan,
            cause: no medical attendant, informant: Alex. C. Bruce, brother,
            present.

            No.167, Alexander Bruce, labourer single, 3/11/1869 6h am at 10
            Marischal Street, male, 41 years, Alexander Bruce blacksmith and Mary
            bruce ms Fiddler (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant:
            A. Bruce, father, present.

            No.184, Margaret Bruce, single, 4/12/1869 at 66 Kirk Street, female, 29
            years, John Bruce miller (dead) and Elizabeth Bruce ms Martin, cause: a.
            Tubercle in Abdomen for years b. Phthisis Pulmonalis a year, informant:
            Hugh Bruce, brother, present.

            No.187, Isabella Ann Bruce, single, 12/12/1869 6h am at Boddam, female,
            Nicolson Bruce fisherman and Margaret Bruce ms Stephen, cause: unknown
            no medical attendant, William Stephen, married to Father's Sister,
            present, neighbour.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
              Hi Jim,

              Jim Miller wrote:

              > Could you please send me details of the deaths of Elizabeth Dickie
              > 1803-1869 ref # 169 and John Dickie 1851- 1869 ref # 1.

              No.1, John Dickie cooper, single, 3/1/1869 7h 50m pm at 6 Weaver Lane,
              male, 18 years, William Dickie cooper and Mary Dickie ms Birnie (dead),
              cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis several months, informant: William Dickie
              father present.
              No.169, Elizabeth Dickie, Illegitimate, widow of John Dickie,
              farmservant, 7/11/1869 8h30m am at 35 Merchant Street, female, 66 years,
              Isabella Davie ms Hepburn (dead), cause: cancer of the omentum?,
              informant: William Lillie, son-in-law, present, 16 Merchant Street.

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
                Hi John,

                John Brebner wrote:

                > Aiken Jane 1791 1869 84 Aiken, Andrew Williamson

                No.84, Jane Aiken widow of Andrew Aiken farmer, 22/6/1869 5h pm at 62 Queen Street,
                female 78 years, Andrew Aiken crofter (dead) and Isabella Aiken ms Williamson
                (dead), disease of heart valvular unknown, informant: James Aiken, son, not
                present, 91 Chapel Street, Aberdeen.

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 9, 1999
                  Hi Alison,

                  Alison Anderson wrote:

                  > Finnie, Ann - b 1795, ref no 189
                  > Finnie, William - b 1869, ref no 32
                  > Shewan, Isabella - b 1793, ref no 90

                  No.32, William Finnie, single, 3/3/1869 1 h 30m pm at 2 Constitution
                  Street, male, 9 months, William Finnie tailor and Elizabeth Finnie ms
                  McPherson, cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant: William
                  Finnie, father, present.

                  No.90, Isabella Shewan married to William Shewan shipcarpenter,
                  12/7/1869 0h30m am at 56 Marischal Street, female, 76 years, William
                  Finnie wright (dead) and Isabella Finnie ms Clyne (dead), cause: not
                  ascertained, informant: Alexander Bruce, son-in-law, present, St.Peter
                  Street.

                  No.189, Ann Finnie, single, 13/12/1869 6h pm at 22 Merchant, female, 74
                  years, William Finnie, miller (dead) and Jane Finnie ms Third (dead),
                  Gangrene of the arm 10 days, informant: William Begg, son, Illegitimate,
                  present, occupier.

                  Regards, Wade.
                • Val Lowrie
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 11, 1999
                    Wade
                    Thanks a million for that lot of deaths info.
                    Amazing to think we can create just about
                    a whole family with the details from each of
                    those death indexes.

                    Regards
                    Val Lowrie

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 13, 1999
                      Hello Wade;
                      Thanks for the Bruce information. No, i do not know who their parents are,
                      but I will do a search for my uncle's birth record, and hopefully get a
                      match.
                      Regards
                      William Leslie

                      Wade Buchan wrote:

                      > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
                      >
                      > Hi William,
                      >
                      > William Leslie wrote:
                      >
                      > > Could you please send me the information on the Bruces on your list?
                      >
                      > See below.
                      >
                      > > I am looking for more information on my Uncle's family in Peterhead.
                      > > My uncle was Peter (Pat) Buchan Bruce, 1 May 1897 - 13 Jan 1993.
                      >
                      > Do you know who his parents were? If they came from Buchanhaven in
                      > Peterhead, then we would probably have a connection.
                      >
                      > No.134, James Bruce, single, 4/9/1869 11h 55m pm at Roneheads, male, 2
                      > years, John Bruce fisherman St.Combs and Margaret Bruce ms Buchan,
                      > cause: no medical attendant, informant: Alex. C. Bruce, brother,
                      > present.
                      >
                      > No.167, Alexander Bruce, labourer single, 3/11/1869 6h am at 10
                      > Marischal Street, male, 41 years, Alexander Bruce blacksmith and Mary
                      > bruce ms Fiddler (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant:
                      > A. Bruce, father, present.
                      >
                      > No.184, Margaret Bruce, single, 4/12/1869 at 66 Kirk Street, female, 29
                      > years, John Bruce miller (dead) and Elizabeth Bruce ms Martin, cause: a.
                      > Tubercle in Abdomen for years b. Phthisis Pulmonalis a year, informant:
                      > Hugh Bruce, brother, present.
                      >
                      > No.187, Isabella Ann Bruce, single, 12/12/1869 6h am at Boddam, female,
                      > Nicolson Bruce fisherman and Margaret Bruce ms Stephen, cause: unknown
                      > no medical attendant, William Stephen, married to Father's Sister,
                      > present, neighbour.
                      >
                      > Regards, Wade.
                      >
                      > > Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/
                    • Alison Anderson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 13, 1999
                        Hi Wade,

                        Many thanks for the information, it has helped tremendously.

                        Alison

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 15, 1999
                          Thanks very much Wade.

                          Colin Gordon
                          Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
                          CANADA

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 8, 1999
                            Hi Morag,

                            > From: "morag hooker" <moragh@...>
                            >
                            > Could I please have details of
                            > Sutherland Mary Scott 1869 1869 160 Sutherland ,Alexander Mundie

                            No.160, Mary Scott Sutherland, single, 13/10/1869 10h 45m am at 19 Merchant Street, age: 8 months , parents: Alexander Sutherland, Cooper and Elizabeth Sutherland ms Mundie, cause: a) Bronchitis a week b) Exhaustion (shock), informant: Alex Sutherland, father, present.

                            Regards,
                            Wade Buchan.
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 10, 1999
                              Hi Marjorie

                              > Can you give me details of the deaths of Elspet Sellar and William McKisser.

                              No.8, Elspet Sellar married to James Sellar fisherman, 14/1/1869 8h pm at Boddam, female, 66 years old, parents: John West, ship carpenter (dead) and Elspet West ms Robertson (dead), cause: Paralysis, no medical attendant, informant: John Sellar, son, present, occupier.

                              No.80, William McKisser labourer married to Jemima Henderson, 14/6/1869 6h 20m am at Sandfordhill, male, 71 years old, parents: Andrew McKisser labourer (dead) and Margaret McKisser ms Whyte (dead), cause: unknown no medical attendant, informant: James McKisser, son, present.

                              Regards, Wade.

                            • VA West
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
                                Hi

                                I know that this is really an old message.
                                But,I am confused by it.

                                No.8, Elspet Sellar married to James Sellar fisherman, 14/1/1869 8h
                                pm at Boddam, female, 66 years old, parents: John West, ship
                                carpenter (dead) and Elspet West ms Robertson (dead), cause:
                                Paralysis, no medical attendant, informant: John Sellar, son,
                                present, occupier.

                                It shows John West and Elspet West ms Robertson as parents of
                                Elspet Sellar nee West married to James Sellar.
                                Is this information correct????

                                I have John West and Susan Robertson as parents of Elspet West
                                that married James Sellar.

                                Can anyone clarify this???

                                Would anyone have more information on James Sellar and Elspet West
                                children.

                                Thank You
                                VICKI

                                --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Wade Buchan