Street Names

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 1999
      For Sandy Sill :

      Hi Sandy, as Wade has already suggested in his note, the two photographers' addresses are definitely in Aberdeen and not Peterhead.
      As far as the photographers themselves are concerned, I'm afraid I know precious little about this subject.
      I hope, at least I have been of some help to you.

      Best Regards............................Alex Ritchie
    • Sandy Sill
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 1999
        >From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
        >
        >Hi Sandy,
        >

        >Sandy Sill wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Alex,
        >> Thanks for the reply to my street questions. I'd like to take this a
        >>step further - I have 3 very old photos that were kept in a TROUP family
        >>Bible that I had access to recently. One photo was by a J.
        >>Craigen-photographer & picture frame-maker with an address at 18 George
        >>Street Aberdeen, Scotland. The second photo was by a Beattie-photographer
        >>with an address of corner of Bridge Street Railway Station Aberdeen,
        >>Scotland. And the third photo just had an identification of James
        >>Thom-photographer in Scotland.
        >> Would the 18 George Street address and the corner of Bridge Street
        >>Railway Station address be in Aberdeen, or could either one be in
        >>Peterhead? Also, have you ever run across these photographers' names; and
        >>if so, have any idea when they were in business? The photos were
        >>obviously taken in the 1800's, but I have no idea when? If you have any
        >>other ideas about how to retrieve info. about old photos of unknown
        >>relatives, please let me know.
        >> Thanks so very much for your help, Sandy
        >
        >As the photos suggest they were taken in Aberdeen, if they were Peterhead
        >it would have said so. I have not read about these photographers being in
        >Peterhead.
        >
        >Hope this helps.
        >
        >Regards, Wade.

        Hi Wade,
        Thanks for your responce to these questions about photographers, think I
        will pursue this question with the Aberdeenshire site. Sandy

        >>--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------
        >
        >You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
        >Drawing is held each week through September 17. For details go to:

      • Sandy Sill
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 1999
          <smaller>Hi Alex Ritchie,

          Thanks for your responce to my photographers' questions; I think
          I'll pursue this a little further at the Aberdeenshire site.

          Sandy

          <excerpt>For Sandy Sill :

          <smaller>Hi Sandy, as Wade has already suggested in his note, the two
          photographers' addresses are definitely in Aberdeen and not Peterhead.

          As far as the photographers themselves are concerned, I'm afraid I know
          precious little about this subject.

          I hope, at least I have been of some help to you.

          </smaller>

          <smaller>Best Regards............................Alex Ritchie

          </smaller>
        • robert.stewart1@xxx.xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2000
            Sandy
            Sorry I have been ill with flu for past couple of weeks. I have a recollection of receiving a note from you saying you were coming to the
            UK later this year - is this correct? I kewep all my E mails but can find no trace of this - I am beginning to wonder if I imagined it.
            Please reconfirm your plans.
            Robert