Wedderburn

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
      Hi Carl,

      1869 Peterhead Deaths
      No.87, Elspet Lumsden married to Robert Lumsden Seaman, died 6/7/1869 7
      h 15m am at 12 Broad Street, female, age 73 years, parents: William
      Wedderburn, farmer (dead) and Janet Wedderburn ms Duncan (dead), cause:
      unknown no medical attendant, informant: Robert Lumsden, husband,
      present.

      1868 Peterhead Deaths
      No.140, Rachel Anderson widow of George Anderson seaman, died 4/10/1868
      4 h 10 m pm at 70 Longate, female, 69 years, parents: William Wedderburn
      (dead) and Janet Wedderburn ms Duncan (dead), cause: not very apparent
      14 hrs, informant: Agnes Phillips grand-daughter, present 8/1 Keith
      Inch.

      Regards, Wade.
    • Marjorie Gavin
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 1999
        Hello Carl

        I also am interested in these Wedderburns from Peterhead.

        Marjorie
        >No.87, Elspet Lumsden married to Robert Lumsden Seaman, died 6/7/1869 7
        >h 15m am at 12 Broad Street, female, age 73 years, parents: William
        >Wedderburn, farmer (dead) and Janet Wedderburn ms Duncan (dead), cause:
        >unknown no medical attendant, informant: Robert Lumsden, husband,
        >present.
        >
        >1868 Peterhead Deaths
        >No.140, Rachel Anderson widow of George Anderson seaman, died 4/10/1868
        >4 h 10 m pm at 70 Longate, female, 69 years, parents: William Wedderburn
        >(dead) and Janet Wedderburn ms Duncan (dead), cause: not very apparent
        >14 hrs, informant: Agnes Phillips grand-daughter, present 8/1 Keith
        >Inch.
        >
        >Regards, Wade.

        >ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
        >For details and to order, go to:

      • Marjorie Gavin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2000
          Hello Linda,

          Janet Duncan married William Wedderburn in 1792 at Old Meldrum. Known
          children are Elizabeth ( 1791 - 1863: Married Thomas Gordon and had a
          daughter, Rachel), : Elspeth ( 1796 - 1869 : Married Robert Lumsden and had
          several children living in Peterhead in 1841)) and Rachel ( 1799 - 1868 :
          Married George Anderson)

          Marjorie
        • Marjorie Gavin
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2000
            Hello again Linda,

            More Wedderburn information. 1852 : Alexander Wedderburn, younger son of
            Alexander Wedderburn and Catherine Abernethy, was baptised in Peterhead on
            15th December 1852. This Alexander died in South America. He married at
            Peterhead on 31st March 1972 Agnes Walker and had a son, Alexander born at
            Peterhead that same year.

            1854 : Margaret Lumsden Wedderburn, daughter of Alexander Wedderburn and
            Catherine Abernethy was baptised on 28th June 1854 at Peterhead and died
            there on 4th March 1861, aged 6 years.

            The above was taken from a list of Wedderburns in N.E. Scotland compiled by
            Margaret Evans who very kindly sent me a copy.

            Marjorie
          • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2000
              Just to add my 'twopenny worth'-Ethel Gordon Diverall m. Kenneth
              B.R.Wedderburn in Peterhead 1933. I believe she is still alive and their
              son [ but not in Peterheard] Is this of any help to someone? Betty.
            • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2000
                Linda. I was interested to read about your Wedderburns. Ethel G.
                Diverall m. Kenneth B.R. Wedderburn. She is still alive [but not in
                Peterhead] b. abt 1910. Her husband d. in Peterhead in the 50's. Betty.