Farquhar Research

  • millin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 1999
      During the first week of August I was able to do a bit of Farquhar research
      both in Peterhead and in the offices of the Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS. I
      want to express my appreciation to all the helpful staff, I would still be
      in Aberdeen if it were not for those unrefundable tickets back to Chicago
      and the job that pay's the bills for my wonderings.

      In Peterhead, the registrar's office had by alphabetical order, listings of
      all Farquhar's burried in the Old St. Peter's South Road Cemetary from 1753
      to 1891. The listing contains the name, age, Street residing at time of
      death, date of burrial and plot number. I would be happy to answer any
      inquiries-if you have a connection you can write the Registrar's Office on
      King Street in Peterhead for information on who else is burried in that plot
      number.

      At the FHS offices in Aberdeen they have two books for submitted surname
      index'es. They have 48 Farquhar's in the member index, I didn't cound the
      non-member records. I made copies of the two that seem to have connections
      to the states One from the Virginia/Pennsylvania area, the other from
      Virginia/Washington, California. If anyone wants a quick check I will see if
      you have a connection.

      When I have cleaned up my records, I will submit copies of all of this
      information to the Clan Farquharson-Geneologist.