Leslie

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 1998
      hi Sharron,

      Sharron Cole wrote:

      > Thank you very much for the information from the census on Thomas Leslie.
      > Certainly explains why he called his children the names that he did.
      >
      > Alongside the names, it has various locations. For Thomas snr, Thomas Jnr,
      > Mary and Joseph, it has Longside. For Bridget and and daughter (H)ellen, it
      > has Ireland and for the youngest daughter Bridget, it has Peterhead. I
      > wonder if this means where they were born? If so, it is interesting to see
      > the Irish link there.

      Sorry I should have explained. The places given are the birth place
      (not always 100% correct).

      > Someone else (Judy) who I came across on Scots on the Net, looking for
      > Leslies from the Peterhead area, is:
      > j.rhand@...

      Thank you for this, I will send a message soon and ask if she would like
      to join us.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 1998
        Hi Sharron,

        Sharron Cole wrote:

        > My ggggrandfather was Thomas Leslie, born c1796 Longside.
        > His wife was Bridget Leslie, born c1806 in Ireland

        > They had 5 children:

        Here's another. 1855 Peterhead Marriage:
        No.40, 23/10/1855 27 Kirktown, Peterhead, A. Matthew, Residence (Present
        & Usual) Peterhead, age 22, Mason, bachelor, born Ellon 1827, parents:
        James Matthew (Mason) and Ann Murray, married Eliza Leslie, Peterhead,
        age 24, spinster, born Longside 1831, parents: Thomas Leslie
        (Bookseller) and Bridget Dowling, witnesses John Birnie and George Reid.