Re: Welcome to Peterhead@onelist.com

  • Alison Anderson
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1 1:01 PM
      Hi everyone,

      I'm looking for information on William Finnie (born c1766, no info on
      parents, death date unknown, but buried Peterhead), his wife Catherine Greig
      (born c1766, died 1858, and buried Peterhead), marriage date/place unknown.
      Catherine was the daughter of James Greig and Ann Alexander (no details
      known). I know William & Catherine had at least two sons - James (born
      c1811, married Mary Fraser - 30 December, 1837, Aberdeen, and died 28 July,
      1890), and Robert (born ?, married Mary Smith 23 September, 1837, Peterhead,
      died ?). Details of any other children to William & Catherine or any other
      Finnie's from Peterhead would be very welcome. I have a note of some of the
      children for James & Robert, but do not know all their wives or children.

      A. Anderson