Re: John Martin/George Simpson

  • Malcolm Simpson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 1999
      To Alex. Richie.
      Hi Alex,
      Thanks for last message. Do not know where George Simpson lived. My first intimation of an address was the 1841 Census when his family were in Merchant St. Eastside.The Buchans were certainly from Roanheads as you know.
      Seem to have exhausted this line of enquiry unless some one can come up with fresh facts!
      Lost ships with crew lists would be of great help with your missing Martins!

      Would appreciate any details on George Simpson's seafaring sons all out of Peterhead.
      John Simpson b.1826 Seamans No. 114275
      George Simpson b.1830 not known Master's Cert.7812 Leith
      Alexander Simpson b.1834 " " Master's Cert. 19365 Dundee

      Kindest Regards.
      Malcolm.