Bruce

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 1998
      the main family name is Bruce. My husband's mother's maiden name. Her
      father was Charles Bruce who owned the Ironmongers shop in town whose
      site is now occupied by Currys. His father was also Charleswho married
      Jemima Diverall of Peterhead. Anyone with any connections to either of
      these families please let me know. I have more information. Betty.
    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 1998
        Thank you for the information on William Bruce. I didn't know a thing
        about him, thats why I put him on the list. Now that I do then my
        research will go to the girls in the family.I am trying to work
        systematically through the Bruce family. I am interested in their father
        but he was born in Aberdeen, and mother also was not born in Peterhead.
        Isabella Bruce b.1834-35 John Bruce
        Margaret Bruce b.1837-38 parents of all 3 Ann Cowie
        Ann Bruce abt.14 April 1845
        all born in Peterhead
        Year of marriage ?
        Place of marriage ?