john Martin

  • Malcolm Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 1999
      To Alex. Richie.
      Hello Alex,
      Received your latest OK. I inherited my Basil Lubbock from my Father and am very fond of it but unless you have a great interest in the whaling trade I would not purchase it.Have a look at it in your local reference library if possible, there are quite a lot of statistics and I find it fascinating.
      Back to the Martins -- John Martin was witness to my g.Grandfather's baptism 21st.Nov. 1834 and I have Geoge Martin witness to Helen Simpson 3rd.Nov. 1836. Were they brothers?George Milne and John Murray keep cropping up as witnesses too; any idea whom they might be?
      Interesting fact in most of these births was a November arrival --- this must be because of the dates of departure of the whaling fleet!!
      Hope you find this of some interest.

      Best Regards,
      Malcolm.