Whats a stuka dolly ?

  • steamingbill
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
      Hello,

      My Mum might say something like this ....................

      Hes wakin a' bent ower like a stuka dolly

      I've always taken it to mean stiff and awkward and clumsy from the context.

      But I have been wondering "What exactly is/was a stuka dolly ?"  Mum doesnt know people from Banff /Macduff dont know (Mums teenage years) so being as Mum's early childhood was in Peterhead she thinks she got it from Peterhead .................. any ideas ?
      Regards

      Bill
    • ali1998mar
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
        Bill,
        A doll made of stookie is a doll made of plaster - Stucco
        Hope that helps
        Mary

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
          When I was a boy, a 'stookie' was a plaster cast, as on a broken arm or leg. Comes from 'stucco', so 'stuka' would seem to be cognate with that.

          Alex

          To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com