Good morning

  • Linda Shepherd
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2014
      I am stuck. I have been looking now for a long time trying to trace what happened to my Great great grandfather from Cruden Bay.

      His name was James Thomson born about 1849 in Peterhead and married Isabella Bain from Fraserburgh in1871. James was a slater and one of their children Georgina M Thomson was my great grand mother.

      I am hoping to find out where when and how did James die please and would welcome any information.

      Thank you

      Linda Shepherd

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014
        Hi Linda,
        I did a quick search on Scotlandspeople.
        I entered James Thomson born 1849 + to - 5 years
        Peterhead.
        5 death entries came up.
        1890 James Thomson age 43
        1908  "           "            age 61
        1912      "         "          age 59
        1927     "           "         age 78
        1928       "          "        age 82

        It costs 6 credits to view each them.  One of them could be your James if he stayed in Peterhead till his death.
        I also found him on the 1871 and 1881 census'.  If you don't have that info tell me and I'll send it on.
        Catherine
        researching; Forrest, Davidson, Ogston, Gray all in Peterhead

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014

          Since Isabella married again in 1890 then presumably James died sometime between 1881 - 1890. There are 3 about the correct age indexed at SP - one at Peterhead - have you looked at all of these? There is also one James Thompson.

        • Linda Shepherd
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014
            Hi. Neil.

            I think it was around 1895 to 96 he died as his name is on his youngest daughters birth certificate

            Kind regards

            Linda

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014

              Hello again Linda,

              Isabella married Thomas McLeod in 1890.

              Are you talking about the birth of Jane - she was born in 1885 not 1895. If James had died before she was born then it would say so on her birth entry.

              So James must have died between 1885 and 1890.

              Regards,

              Annette