New Connection

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
      Wade, I have contact with a possible new Diverall relative. To help
      clarify some relationships will you please send me more details of the
      following.
      3 Deaths.Henrietta Davidson 1799 to 1856 No. 102 [John Dinnes/Slessor]
      John Slesser 1845 to 1863 No. 181 [John Slessor/Diverall]
      Francis Silver 1786 to 1855 No. 46 [William Silver/Silver]
      and from the LAIR list Mary Slesser age 55 1782 to 1867 D507
      Thank you very much Betty.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 1999
        Hi Betty,

        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        Sorry for the elay, have been busy.

        > 3 Deaths.Henrietta Davidson 1799 to 1856 No. 102 [John Dinnes/Slessor]
        > John Slesser 1845 to 1863 No. 181 [John Slessor/Diverall]
        > Francis Silver 1786 to 1855 No. 46 [William Silver/Silver]

        1855 Deaths
        No.46, Francis Silver spirit merchant, male, 69 years, born Cairneyburn
        Fetteresso, 38 years in Peterhead, parents: William Silver tailor and
        crofter, Rebecca Silver ms Silver, married Elizabeth Mitchell abt 1844,
        2nd Margaret Diverall, died 13 April 10 h am at Queen Street, cause:
        heart disease several years, buried Peterhead, informant: Margaret Milne
        step daughter.

        1856 Deaths
        No.51, Mary Sellar (Widow), 1 April 9h 20m pm Albion St, female, 59
        years, parents: John Dinnes tailor (deceased) and Margaret Dinnes ms
        Slessor (deceased), cause: unknown no medical attendant, buried
        Peterhead, informant: Henrietia Dinnes. her x mark, sister (present).

        No.102, Henrietta Davidson (married), 8 October 4h 30m pm Longate,
        female, 57 years, parents: John Dinnes tailor (deceased) and Margaret
        Dinnes ms Slessor (deceased), cause: gastritis six weeks, buried
        Peterhead, informant: John Davidson, husband (present).

        1863 Deaths
        No.181, John Slessor, cabinetmaker (apprentice), single, 21 November 7h
        pm at 21 Castle Street. male 18 years, parents: John Slessor coper and
        Isabella Slessor ms Diverall, cause: consumption , no regular medical
        attendant, informant: John Slessor father present.

        > and from the LAIR list Mary Slesser age 55 1782 to 1867 D507

        Buried in D507 Common Ground

        1867 Deaths
        No.105, Mary Slessor widow of James Slessor farm servant, 16 June 9h 45m
        am, female, 84 years, parents: Gibson (dead), cause: natural decay,
        informant: Robert Morris?, grandson, present.

        Regards, Wade.
      • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 1999
          Wade Buchan wrote:

          > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
          >
          > Hi Betty,
          >
          > Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:
          >
          > Sorry for the elay, have been busy.
          >
          > > 3 Deaths.Henrietta Davidson 1799 to 1856 No. 102 [John Dinnes/Slessor]
          > > John Slesser 1845 to 1863 No. 181 [John Slessor/Diverall]
          > > Francis Silver 1786 to 1855 No. 46 [William Silver/Silver]
          >
          > 1855 Deaths
          > No.46, Francis Silver spirit merchant, male, 69 years, born Cairneyburn
          > Fetteresso, 38 years in Peterhead, parents: William Silver tailor and
          > crofter, Rebecca Silver ms Silver, married Elizabeth Mitchell abt 1844,
          > 2nd Margaret Diverall, died 13 April 10 h am at Queen Street, cause:
          > heart disease several years, buried Peterhead, informant: Margaret Milne
          > step daughter.
          >
          > 1856 Deaths
          > No.51, Mary Sellar (Widow), 1 April 9h 20m pm Albion St, female, 59
          > years, parents: John Dinnes tailor (deceased) and Margaret Dinnes ms
          > Slessor (deceased), cause: unknown no medical attendant, buried
          > Peterhead, informant: Henrietia Dinnes. her x mark, sister (present).
          >
          > No.102, Henrietta Davidson (married), 8 October 4h 30m pm Longate,
          > female, 57 years, parents: John Dinnes tailor (deceased) and Margaret
          > Dinnes ms Slessor (deceased), cause: gastritis six weeks, buried
          > Peterhead, informant: John Davidson, husband (present).
          >
          > 1863 Deaths
          > No.181, John Slessor, cabinetmaker (apprentice), single, 21 November 7h
          > pm at 21 Castle Street. male 18 years, parents: John Slessor coper and
          > Isabella Slessor ms Diverall, cause: consumption , no regular medical
          > attendant, informant: John Slessor father present.
          >
          > > and from the LAIR list Mary Slesser age 55 1782 to 1867 D507
          >
          > Buried in D507 Common Ground
          >
          > 1867 Deaths
          > No.105, Mary Slessor widow of James Slessor farm servant, 16 June 9h 45m
          > am, female, 84 years, parents: Gibson (dead), cause: natural decay,
          > informant: Robert Morris?, grandson, present.
          >
          > Regards, Wade.

          > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
          > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

          Wade, Once again thank you very much for the above information. Betty