Re: [Peterhead] Gordon, Stott, Davidson and Hutton Ancestors in Peterhead

  • Bill Pictman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13 2:18 PM
      Well I certainly wish more Peterhead and Highland Davidson males in general would consider Y-DNA testing. Thus far it seems most of the Davidson/Davison males that have tested through Family Tree DNA, or other companies that can transfer to FTDNA are American and not descended from Highland Davidson lines. Turns out, I might actually be a Mac David/Mac Davie Mor descendent since the only close connections I have at this point are pointing back to Athlone/Roscommon Ireland (to Curley and possibly the Sil Murray line) but even those connections go back at least 400+ years. What would be helpful is more YDNA testing so if any male Davidson's are around, please consider the testing, there is no pain, it's a cheek swab and it's very cost effective now. It would be nice to either establish a true Clan Davidson connection or the Mac David Mor Irish connection.

      Cheers,

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14 5:34 AM
        Although I have Gordon and Davidson ancestors, they come from a generation or so further back and I can't see any connections :-(. Yes, this is a very helpful group, and yes, try the Buchan Family History Society, or for that matter the Aberdeen one.

        Best wishes,
        Elisabeth Wilson
        Lenah Valley, Tasmania
        researching GORDON (Peterhead) GIBB (Peterhead) YOUNG (Slains/Cruden) SPENCE(Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG (Strichen) DAVIDSON (Strichen)

[...]

        No virus found in this message.