Re: Wemyss Surname in Peterhead

  • kirsteen.warren
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2013
      Hi Diane,

      That would be great, thanks

      I do not have a marriage for Janet.Jessie Adam/s and Andrew Shewan Weymss, but they did have an affair or lived together, they had 5 children that i have found to date,

      Betsy Weymss Adams 1889
      Andrew Weymss Adams 1896
      Mary Shewan Weymss Adams 1898
      James Shewan Weymss Adams 1899 ( My Grandfather) he married Jessie Logan in 1923
      George Fyvie Weymss Adams 1900 ( Died as an infant)

      You may be right and that his wife died, and he went on to have an affair with Jessie/Janet

      do you know if Andrew and his wife had any children,

      My dad had told me that the weymss line went back to Charles Weymss and helen Paton, but i never found any evidence of it not being able to find Charles Weymss death certificate

      My dads line is proving very difficult as they seem to have been a very dysfunctional family with illegitimate children all over the place,

      I would be grateful for any info you can give me and i would be very happy to reciprocate with any info that i have
      Kirsteen

      How do i send you my e-mail addy privately ?

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Diane Roberts <sunsetdi@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Kristeen.
      >
      > The marriage certificate that I downloaded from Scotland's People shows Andrew Wemyss, son of Charles Wemyss, Seaman, and Mary Wemyss maiden name Shewan.
      >
      > Andrew is 21 at the date of marriage on March 9, 1879.
      >
      > The bride is Mary Ann Thoras, age 16, daughter of John Thoras and Ann Thoras maiden name Muir.
      >
      > Does this marriage occur before the one you found?  It is possible that Mary Ann died and Andrew remarried.
      >
      > If you send me your email address I can send you the pdf of the marriage certificate directly (save you a few credits at Scotland's People).
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Diane

    • kirsteen.warren
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2013
        Diane

        Elizabeth Shewan Weymss daughter of Andrew And Mary Shewan married a James Thoirs 24 Oct 1893 son of James Thoirs and Mary Center, could it be another spelling of Thoras ???