James Robertsons - ships carpenters - Peterhead

  • Bill Robertson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2013
      Hello All!
      I'd respectfully like to ask for some help researching my great-grandfathers - 4 generations of them born in Peterhead and all ships carpenters.
      I have pretty decent confirmation on James (1859-1935), James (1837-1912) and James (1818-1871), but things get sketchy with the father of this final James. I know he too was a James and very likely from Peterhead as well since he married Margaret Kennedy Skinner there in 1816 and was already listed as a ships carpenter at their marriage. There's a number of possible suspects as the following screen capture from Scotland's People shows. Any help in narrowing the field down would be appreciated.
      Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions!
      Bill Robertson
      Point Pleasant, NJ, USA