Re: Peterhead Whaling/Penny

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 4:15 PM
      Hi Liz,

      I replied in onelist as others might be interested in your research.

      Liz Tregonning wrote:

      > Thanks for further info on PHD whaleship owners...presume
      > you got the paragraph from Alex Buchan's book on PHD?

      Yes it was, very well written and referenced book.

      > My interest is my father's PENNY family from PHD and
      > Aberdeen (who go back to 1696) I am in the process of
      > co-authoring the biography of Captain William Penny
      > ...many years research.

      I have photocopies of an article "William Penny, 1809-92: Arctic Whaling
      Master" by Clive A. Holland and some pages of family tree by a
      researcher (can't remember who). If you would like copies of these
      please let me know your address.

      Question for Carl (who I know will be reading this), is Carolyn Rhodes
      researching this same William Penny? Someone on the old Fidonet in New
      Zealand was researching Capt. William Penny, do you remember who it was?