Re: DAVIDSON Death 1861

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 2:41 PM
      Hi Val,

      Val Lowrie wrote:

      > Are you able to give me the death details of James DAVIDSON from the
      > Death Index?
      > Ref No 54.

      No.54, James Davidson, weaver widower of Ann Greig 14/4/1861 6 h am at
      Uphill Lane, male, age 79 years, parents: Alexander Davidson (dead) and
      Janet Davidson ms Wood (dead), cause: apoplext about 6 days, informant:
      John Davidson son not present 35/2 Broad Street.

      > And I wonder if he and his wife, possibly Elizabeth are listed in the
      > 1851 census at Errol St. (maybe 1/4 Errol St)

      Not sure if this is the same James, but it is the only one close to that
      age in Peterhead.

      District 1, page 5, No.4, Union Street
      James Davidson, head, mar, 69, Clerk, Peterhead
      Ann Davidson, wife, mar, 72, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Davidson, daur, unmar, 35, Peterhead
      Alexander Murray, lodger, unmar, 22, Ship Carpenter, Peterhead

      > Is the 1841 census indexed or do we have to know the correct address.

      As far as I know, the 1841 census as not been indexed. You would need
      to go through the whole lot, but knowing an address at that time would
      help.

      Regards, Wade.
    • Val Lowrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 3:53 AM
        Hi Wade
        and thank you for the info on James DAVIDSON.

        It is much appreciated.

        Regards
        Val Lowrie