Re: Peterhead monument masons

  • Peter Milne
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2013
      Betty,

      In the 1901 census my Great Grandad Robert Pirie Milne was listed as a stonecutter. I do not know anything else sadly.

      Peter Milne

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Betty Miles <bettymiles@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know who the monument masons in Peterhead were in the early- to- mid 1800's, and if any of their records may have survived? I realize this is a long shot, thought it might be worth a try.
      >
      > Betty

    • De
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2013
        My GG Grandfather was a stone mason. George Cheyne 1812-1884. He was a mason from 1839 to 1871. His son Thomas 1856-1943 was, also, a stone mason. Although Thomas moved to Illinois,USA in 1886. Not sure if this is any help. Hope so
        DeLories