Peterhead monument masons

  • Betty Miles
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 12:24 PM
      Does anyone know who the monument masons in Peterhead were in the early- to- mid 1800's, and if any of their records may have survived? I realize this is a long shot, thought it might be worth a try.

      Betty
    • Peter Milne
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9 3:38 PM
        Betty,

        In the 1901 census my Great Grandad Robert Pirie Milne was listed as a stonecutter. I do not know anything else sadly.

        Peter Milne

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Betty Miles <bettymiles@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know who the monument masons in Peterhead were in the early- to- mid 1800's, and if any of their records may have survived? I realize this is a long shot, thought it might be worth a try.
        >
        > Betty

      • De
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12 11:10 AM
          My GG Grandfather was a stone mason. George Cheyne 1812-1884. He was a mason from 1839 to 1871. His son Thomas 1856-1943 was, also, a stone mason. Although Thomas moved to Illinois,USA in 1886. Not sure if this is any help. Hope so
          DeLories