FW: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to Peterhead. Visit today!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2013

      From: Peterhead-owner@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead-owner@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Collie
      Sent: Tuesday, 2 April 2013 7:07 AM
      To: Peterhead Moderator
      Subject: Re: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to Peterhead. Visit today!

      Hi Wade

      Thanks for the information.

      I am researching Collie/Dickie ancestors. Should I post the information I have as a message to Peterhead@yahoogroups.com or as a reply to earlier in some cases very much earlier messages?

      For instance you replied to message 261 in 1999 about lairs in a Peterhead cemetery. Which cemetery? In particular the 3 Dickie deaths you mentioned in 1888 and 1891 in lair 233 for which you did not know the details of the parents.

      The parents were Agnes Daniel Mutch born 6-3-1865, died 20-4-1891 and John Barron Dickie born 22-6-1859, died 9-9-1938. They were married on 22-6-1887. The 2 named ones were premature and died 2 days and 3 days after their birth on 29-8-1888. The unnamed one was stillborn and Agnes Daniel Mutch died 14 days after the birth.

      Cause of death given as Peuperal Pulmonary Embolism sudden. Informant William Geoff Undertaker of 54 Queen Street Peterhead. There is a correction image to this death (presumably because it was sudden) which states that the cause of death was Heart Disease sudden and is signed by the procurator Fiscal on 27-4-1891 presumably after an autopsy.

      John Barron Dickie was my maternal grandfather.

      I also have information relating to messages 3681/3675 which were posted in 2005 about Collie seafarers all children of Alexander Collie and Mary Souttar. One of their children John Collie was my paternal Great grandfather.

      Thanks

      Bruce Collie