Re: Kemp Family

  • tullynessleturnip
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
      Tues 19th March 2013

      Is this of any use?: Mary Kemp born 16 Feb 1889 Lumphanan (Aberdeenshire) married Alexander Brown Morrison born 1880 died 1963. He was a shepherd. They had 2 children, Mary Isabella Morrison and Robert John Morrison. MIM died about 15 years ago, RJM was 87 years old when I met him in Novembr 2012.
      Both MIM and RJM have living descendants.
      ABM is my mother's mother's cousin (her father's sister's son).

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Elizebeth Dempster <eliz_dempster@...> wrote:

      > Hello Listers:
      >
      > I  am searching for information on Harry Kemp, born June 28, 1884 in the district of St. Andrew, Edinburgh, son of Cecilia Lindsay Dempster Kemp, and James Romanies Kemp.  I know from my research that Harry married Mary Ann Duncan Geddes February 7, 1917 in Peterhead.  I believe they had a son, Harry, c1920, perhaps more children that I have not yet discovered.
      >
      > Harry's Kemp siblings are:  George Gordon Kemp, Cecilia Blackie Johnstone Kemp and Margaret Isabella Kemp.
      > The Dempster children from Cecilia's first marriage are Lauchlan John, James, William, Thomas and Janet Ann Baird Dempster.
      >
      > Cecilia Kemp is my gg grandmother, having been married first to Lauchlan John Dempster.  The Kemp name has been kept in the naming of a few men in our family, due to the family's fondness for James Romanies Kemp.
      >
      > I would love to hear from any Kemps who would be connected to this part of my family tree.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Elizebeth Dempster
      > Ontario, Canada
      >
      > Names of interest:  Dempster, Laing, Syme, Kemp,
      >

      > .

    • Elizebeth Dempster
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
        Hello:

        At this point, not sure.  My Kemp family information I have to date, goes back to a David Kemp and Mary Romanies, c1800.  Their immediate family and all the Kemps that I have were located in the Glasgow and Edinburgh area.  Harry Kemp is the only one that I know of leaving that area and settling in Peterhead.  I will certainly keep the information and as I research further if I find a connection contact this list again.

        Regard,
        Liz Dempster