Kemp Family

  • Elizebeth Dempster
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15 9:17 PM
      Hello Listers:

      I  am searching for information on Harry Kemp, born June 28, 1884 in the district of St. Andrew, Edinburgh, son of Cecilia Lindsay Dempster Kemp, and James Romanies Kemp.  I know from my research that Harry married Mary Ann Duncan Geddes February 7, 1917 in Peterhead.  I believe they had a son, Harry, c1920, perhaps more children that I have not yet discovered.

      Harry's Kemp siblings are:  George Gordon Kemp, Cecilia Blackie Johnstone Kemp and Margaret Isabella Kemp.
      The Dempster children from Cecilia's first marriage are Lauchlan John, James, William, Thomas and Janet Ann Baird Dempster.

      Cecilia Kemp is my gg grandmother, having been married first to Lauchlan John Dempster.  The Kemp name has been kept in the naming of a few men in our family, due to the family's fondness for James Romanies Kemp.

      I would love to hear from any Kemps who would be connected to this part of my family tree.

      Regards,
      Elizebeth Dempster
      Ontario, Canada

      Names of interest:  Dempster, Laing, Syme, Kemp,

      .
    • tullynessleturnip
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19 6:38 AM
        Tues 19th March 2013

        Is this of any use?: Mary Kemp born 16 Feb 1889 Lumphanan (Aberdeenshire) married Alexander Brown Morrison born 1880 died 1963. He was a shepherd. They had 2 children, Mary Isabella Morrison and Robert John Morrison. MIM died about 15 years ago, RJM was 87 years old when I met him in Novembr 2012.
        Both MIM and RJM have living descendants.
        ABM is my mother's mother's cousin (her father's sister's son).

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Elizebeth Dempster <eliz_dempster@...> wrote:

        > Hello Listers:
        >
        > I  am searching for information on Harry Kemp, born June 28, 1884 in the district of St. Andrew, Edinburgh, son of Cecilia Lindsay Dempster Kemp, and James Romanies Kemp.  I know from my research that Harry married Mary Ann Duncan Geddes February 7, 1917 in Peterhead.  I believe they had a son, Harry, c1920, perhaps more children that I have not yet discovered.
        >
        > Harry's Kemp siblings are:  George Gordon Kemp, Cecilia Blackie Johnstone Kemp and Margaret Isabella Kemp.
        > The Dempster children from Cecilia's first marriage are Lauchlan John, James, William, Thomas and Janet Ann Baird Dempster.
        >
        > Cecilia Kemp is my gg grandmother, having been married first to Lauchlan John Dempster.  The Kemp name has been kept in the naming of a few men in our family, due to the family's fondness for James Romanies Kemp.
        >
        > I would love to hear from any Kemps who would be connected to this part of my family tree.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Elizebeth Dempster
        > Ontario, Canada
        >
        > Names of interest:  Dempster, Laing, Syme, Kemp,
        >

        > .

      • Elizebeth Dempster
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 21 2:12 AM
          Hello:

          At this point, not sure.  My Kemp family information I have to date, goes back to a David Kemp and Mary Romanies, c1800.  Their immediate family and all the Kemps that I have were located in the Glasgow and Edinburgh area.  Harry Kemp is the only one that I know of leaving that area and settling in Peterhead.  I will certainly keep the information and as I research further if I find a connection contact this list again.

          Regard,
          Liz Dempster