re Mystery Uncle

  • Malcolm Simpson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
      To Susan and Mary Robertson,
                                              The mystery is I don't have a name that is what I'm trying to ascertain.
      He would be a seafarer from Peterhead although not a direct Uncle but someone close to the Simpson or Taylor families who would probably be called "Uncle".I don't know how many men from Peterhead or the vicinity would have died at the hands of the  Japanese in Singapore but I was hoping to find some records.
      Many thanks for your pieces from Singapore Susan where do you get all these cuttings and how did you get those Certificates of Competency?Best Wishes,Malcolm.
    • familyhunter57
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
        Hi Malcolm,

        Just found this site - perhaps it could help.
        http://newspapers.nl.sg/Default.aspx
        Let us know how you make out!

        Cheers
        Susan

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
          Hi Susan,
                      Many thanks for your latest.I'm afraid no joy with that site.
          All th Best,Malcolm.